• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Showgirls Recut Trailer

DVDFuture

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey there everyone,

Thought I'd pass my recut trailer for Showgirls (using the Inception trailer music) on to the Fanediting community!

Be warned: NSFW! ...unless the people at your office are cool. This is an recut trailer for Showgirls. The film is rated NC-17. This trailer has nudity galore.

Reason for the edit:
It's been said that the Inception trailer music (Mind Heist by Zack Hemsey) can make any movie seem better. So I dove into the deep, dark depths of cinema in search of great bad movie in order to see if this theory was true. I'm incredibly pleased to report, after a few hours of editing, the Inception trailer music does, in fact, make any movie seem better.

Actually, my recut trailer sort of draws to surface the themes and ideas that director Paul Verhoeven and writer Joe Eszterhas really wanted to convey -- the film is a visually alluring camp-fest seasoned with silly dialogue, bizarre images and a skewed Christ parable. Well played, gentlemen.

Credit to MGM/Fox for the film. If this trailer whets your appetite, buy the movie! It's on Blu-ray now, too! Credit also goes to Zack Hemsey for composing such a masterful song. And to Christopher Nolan and Warner Brothers for being awesome and introducing the world to Mind Heist in the trailer for Inception.

Sources:
Showgirls Special Edition DVD (MGM), Mind Heist mp3 (composed, recorded, and mixed by Zack Hemsey in association with PUSHER LLC), Tropic Thunder trailer for Red Band logo

Tools:
AVS Video Converter, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9

Enjoy!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't really a news item.

DVDFuture

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't exactly sure where it fit best. Just wanted to share it with the community.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, looking at the forum again, I'm not sure it isn't a news item after all. I didn't think this was the place for personal projects, but I see Wraith's Indy trailer announcement is here too...so never mind!

crzchris4

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know how I just stumbled onto this but that last line is hilarious!

Top Bottom