• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

"Of The"

Ultimist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok,

After looking around, i see this everywhere.. "Of The"

Fanedit Of The Month, Revenge Of The Sith, etc...

So, here's my mini rant:

Stop it! The word combination "of the" should almost NEVER be capitalized. It's improper grammar! The only time the word "of" should ever be capitalized is if it is the first word of a sentence (which is rare) or the first word in a title. Same goes for "The."

Juvenile grammar is just one of my pet peeves... but I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest.

Thank you for reading The Rant of the Ultimist!

:p

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*slowly backs away*

Ultimist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haha... I'm just being strange... don't mind me.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll admit it bothers me too, but I've never spent the time fixing it. I'm actually surprised none of the other admins have fixed it. Hmm... we're dropping the ball!

Ultimist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just have this little grammar nazi inside me who likes to rear his ugly head once in a while. Grammatical errors and such just make things look so unprofessional.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
memes-pimp-my-grammar-nazi.jpg

Ultimist

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool... and despite all the repetition, the text in that pic is actually grammatically correct!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gladly. Where should I put it? Off topic seems the most obvious place but you want it somewhere better traveled?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Gladly. Where should I put it? Off topic seems the most obvious place but you want it somewhere better traveled?

Post it there for now, and I'll figure a better place later tonight as I'm headed home soon.

EDIT: Actually, the best way of doing it is as a Global Announcement. Unfortunately, you don't get credit for posting as only admins can make Global Announcements. But, if you're okay with it, I'll make it a Global Announcement and make sure you're credited in the text itself. Is that okay?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little late, but...yes, that works fine for me :)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
/new custom title - Master of the Lore

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still says Senior Member on my screen :(

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, that was a joke based on the thread topic...

Wait, can you change your title? I never noticed yours until now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Wait, can you change your title? I never noticed yours until now.

Individuals can't. We can.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But that hasn't changed either...

As for custom titles the short answer is Yes...Maybe. A couple of months after I joined, Boon indirectly offered to change my title and me being the privilege whore that I am I took him up on it :)

On a side note, you've been here nearly three years and you haven't noticed 'House Atreides'...

I'd go to Specsavers :lol:

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
On a side note, you've been here nearly three years and you haven't noticed 'House Atreides'...
Since they pretty much either say Junior or Senior Member (other than admins and mods) I never bother looking.

Top Bottom