• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Pure-Blood Edition

ShortRound24

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original film name:Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince

New film name :Harry Potter And THe Half-Blood Prince: Pure-Blood Edition

Film studio name : Warner Bros.Pictures,Heyday Films

Edit crew name :Shortround24

Date Original Film Was Released :15 July 2009

Date Edit Was Released :30 January 2011

Original Runtime : 153 mins

New Runtime : 138 mins

Amount of time Cut/Added : 15 mins

Intention (why did you do it):I'm currently editing the new Harry Potter film which is I'm sorry to say crap. Worst Harry Potter film.
Nothing like the book. My goal with this edit is to not make it closer to the book ( lets face it with so
much already taken out how can we make it closer to the book ) but to make it enjoyable, to a guy anyway.
Too much love stuff for a Potter film.

Editing Details (how did you do it): Taught myself Sony Vegas 7 this is a complication of my editing skills

Cuts removed/added/extended (add list of what was changed):

- Opening edited in that the pictures of Harry being taken are intercut with the title of the film

- Cut Death Eater attacking London ( moved to another part )

- Scene with Snape, Bellatrix and Draco's mother now after opening

- Harry at train station after Snape scene, waiter girl flirting now cut, added original Hedwig's theme by John Williams

- Cut Harry landing in water at burrow, Thanks to the suggestion by nightstalkerpoet

- Fred & George's Shop now after Burrow scene, Cut instant darkness powder and dragon roasting nuts

- Instant Darkness Powder cut from train scene

- Cut Hermione hitting Ron with book

- Moved Draco's find of the Vanishing Cabinet after Dumbledore's speech

- Cut Dumbledore suggesting Harry and Hermione liking each other

- Cut Shots of Hermione and Cormac looking at each other at Quidditch Tryouts

- Cut Lavender Brown Looking at Ron in Common Room

- Cut Ginny and Dean and Hermione's talk about Ron and her snogging

- Cut Ron talking to Harry Bout Ginny and Hermione's nice skin, New scene made out of this Harry watches Draco on map intercut with Draco testing cabinet

- added deleted scene Harry talks to Hermione about Draco might be leaving the castle

- Cut Harry and Hermione talking about how he likes Ginny and how it feels to see someone you like with someone else, trimmed Lavender, Hermione attacks Ron with birds, doesn't fall into Harry's lap and cry. I had to read the book again

- Cut repeated shot of Draco and the cabinet

- Trimmed timing of Cormac vomiting on Snape

- Trimmed Lavender writing on the window on the Hogwarts Express

- Cut Ginny feeding Harry pie and tying his shoe

- Cut Slughorn telling a student to get their rats tail

- Cut Harry knocking on Slughorn's door

- Trimmed Ron under love potion

- Cut Ron's line after Harry saves him

- Trimmed Lavender and Hermione in Hospital

- Added blood effect when Draco is struck by the Half-Blood Princes spell

- Added Deleted Scene of Dumbledore telling Harry why the Cave is a part of Riddle's past

- Fade to black after Dumbledore's ''funeral''

- Added deleted scene of Harry and Ginny in common room for ending

- Added new music to credits, edited by me and Pure-Blood Edition titles added

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Sony Vegas 7.0, DVD Fab Decrypter, Virtual Dub 1.88, AVS converter

Time needed for the edition: 2 years with exterme periods on and off

Persons involved: 1

Very curious to see this. I assume it will be up soon?

It will be in the unapproved section no later than Monday.

In the Unapproved section of fanedit.info right now. Today, I'm gonna sit down and watch it. Definitely excited bout getting to watch it. It's been forever since i've watched the original (which I did on purpose so that i could come to this edit and watch it with a fresh mindset on it)

Review:

Yesterday, I finally had the chance to sit down and watch this. I'm a fan of the books and enjoy the movies. My fiancee, however, is more of a huge fan of the books and enjoys the movies. When I sat down to watch this in the theater originally I was expecting a lot more. Which, imo, the big thing that I thought detracted from the film originally was all the love storylines. It seemed like the darker tone took a bit of a back seat and was more subtle.

I am happy to say that this is definitely my go-to version of the Half Blood Prince. I enjoyed this version so much more than when I originally saw it. Some of the stuff that I deemed fluff is gone. (Harry flirting with the waitress, etc.) This actually makes the film (imo) the Empire Strikes Back of the Harry Potter franchise. (actually, it'd be Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, HBP, DH Pt. 1 all make the Empire Strikes back portion if you were going direct analogy to the SW)

A lot of the cuts I actually hadn't noticed til I came back to the thread and took a gander at the cutlist. The pace of the movie flows well. I enjoyed the fact that it seemed to move a brisker pace. It reminded me more of how the first Harry Potter was. For the time while I was watching this, I was transported back to my 7th grade self. (Which was the year when the first Harry Potter came out) This actually reinvigorated my sense of awe and wonder and made me reignite the passion I had for the series before.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that wasn't happy with HBP when it came out in theaters originally. Like I said before, it moves a brisker pace. I didn't mind the fluff being removed. It strengthens the characters and their storylines. (Also, kudos for making the Harry-Ginny relationship seem more natural. Unlike the original version, where it seemed like they were hitting you over the head and forcing the two characters together, imo. Also enjoyed the deleted scene that was restored. Dunno why it was cut out of the film originally.)

Recommendation: Highly recommended. And Two Thumbs Up.

Having been crushingly disappointed with HBP, I'm very pleased to say that this edit improves the movie immensely. One of the film's worst aspects (to me, at least) was concentrating on the needless teenage angst instead of getting on with the actual story. Here, the plot takes precedence and I couldn't be happier. The entire edit was smooth, slick, and well-paced. Many thanks to ShortRound24 for making this!

Thanks for the positive feedback, i'm glad you enjoyed the movie. After editing re-watching and editing so many times over the past 2 years I can't watch either version of the movie :-o. Watching it so many times made my edit feel slow, so I had major concerns about the pacing of it, but clearly that isn't the case as Chad Moore and steelio2006 have so brillantly put it. Thank You :-D.
I've also made a dvd cover for it i was wondering who to sent it to.

ShortRound24 said:
I've also made a dvd cover for it i was wondering who to sent it to.

to the new fanedit email would be fine, or PM the links to me directly :)

can we get the cover art for this?

haven't watched it yet. hoping to surprise my GF with it tonight.

I can't find it, I searched in the Newcomers section and in the General section and couldn't find it, then I searched your profile and it wasn't there either. Does somebody have a link?

I'm currently working on the DVD for this edit, it will feature a commentary, motion menus subtitles and 5.1 audio, and new edits, no release date on when ver2 will be released but I ask in advance if there is anyone who I can send the final DVD too, so they can upload it for me, as my upload speeds are terrible and it would take a couple of days to upload a dual-layer:oops:. If u are interested in helping with the upload please PM me, Thanks.:D

Someone just rated this fanedit 3 times a 10/10, using 3 different usernames...
So the rating for this fanedit is wrong for now.
Those ratings will be removed.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom