• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Man of Steel (2013)

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He was in The Tudors as Suffolk.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He was also the son in The Count of Monte Cristo.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never saw either of those. Just checked his IMDB page and I haven't seen anything he's done.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Superman_True_Brit_01.jpg

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
His role in The Tudors was great IMO, Suffolk was one of my favorite characters in that series; if only he had gotten the Green Lantern gig instead I wouldn't be dreading its release...

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just hope it's better than "Returns"...

And when are they going to wake up to a "World's Finest" movie?

V.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked returns, it felt like a spiritual successor to the originals. I hope that zach snyders "style" does the film good rather than bog it down.

IMO supes has always been a classic type film (production-wise) that leaned more on emotion and story than whizbang effects/slo mo/etc that seems to define snyders trademark style.

Dont get me wrong, hes good, and his reverence for comic book material like watchmen and 300 was most pleasing, but I wonder if he really is the best man for the job here.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, a major bullet has been dodged (or out-ran, if you will). Kristen Stewart was apparently one of the actresses being considered for the part of Lois Lane. Thank the Gods, she has been eliminated as an option. Boring, lifeless and scrawny are not the traits of Lois, and I think that's all Stewart is capable of.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not a twilight fan, reave?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Well, a major bullet has been dodged (or out-ran, if you will). Kristen Stewart was apparently one of the actresses being considered for the part of Lois Lane. Thank the Gods, she has been eliminated as an option. Boring, lifeless and scrawny are not the traits of Lois, and I think that's all Stewart is capable of.

For a second there I thought you were talking about the chick from Third Rock From The Sun. :lol: I had to IMDB Kristen Stewart because I had no idea who she was. Good thing they've decided not to go with her. Lois Lane needs to be played by somebody pretty and Kristen Stewart is far from that. :yuck:

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
can't say i like the look of sucker punch nor was i excited by the news he was going to do superman. the problem i have with zynder is that he's style over substance, Legend of the Guardians was one of the best looking animated films but boy it was boring, watchmen had it's moments but overall i was a disappointed, 300 and dawn are his best films for me.

you just know that if he doe's superman were gonna have 30mins of the film taken up with bloody slow-mo shots

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Despite what I thought about Brandon Rough, he was good in Returns (could play both Sup and Clark convincingly... enough) and would probably be even better now, with few more years.

PS: Damn, I really need a Nolan or an Aronofsky (the next Wolverine) to get me (a bit) exited about superheroes these days.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
not a twilight fan, reave?

it's funny you mention this, according the recent shortlist Magazine, Cavill was Meyer's ideal candidate to play Edward in the films, I'd say he dodged a bullet on that one though.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am really liking how this cast is shaping up.

Diane Lane as Ma Kent.
Kevin Costner as Pa Kent.

and today they announced AMY ADAMS as Lois Lane!

Interestingly, Adams guest starred on Smallville as a Meteor Freak back in the first season.

I just hope Snyder can ride out the negative storm Sucker Punch is experiencing, as I really believe he can pull off an amazing Superman movie if the Studio does not lose faith in him.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not so long as his name is "Brainiac", no.

I love Supes, but he's got the worst rogues gallery every: Brainiac, Metallo, Mr. Msdkjh (no, I'm not going to look the spelling up), Darkseid... the only decent ones are Lex, Zod and Doomsday.

Frankly, I was hoping they'd just invent a Transformers knockoff. Superman vs. Transformers. Done.

Top Bottom