• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Man of Steel (2013)

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Totally serious. I LOVE it. :)
(Each to his own blah blah.... ;-) )
I think part of the brilliance is with the score. Zimmer's score is sublime. It's the best he's produced since Gladiator.

ShortRound24

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
I think part of the brilliance is with the score. Zimmer's score is sublime. It's the best he's produced since Gladiator.

I'd agree with that. It's certainly not John Williams but it's a welcome change. In referencing the 75th anniversary animated short, the way the music transitions into Zimmer's theme from Williams' was so perfect that it took me a couple of seconds before I realised I was listening to the new theme! Just goes to show how much I've come to accept Zimmer's theme and associate it with Superman.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zimmer's got balls to take that on! So iconic. And he totally went for it, and succeeded. As you said, it's Superman. He's captured it.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some decent chuckles for those who weren't exactly taken with the movie:

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally really liked the movie (though i admit it had flaws, but not the usual stuff people complain about), and i found this to be quite funny

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Some decent chuckles for those who weren't exactly taken with the movie:

They also had this gem:

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^That was actually quite awful, at least in my opinion. Maybe these guys could come up with something original and funny to say instead of ragging on like everyone else and twisting criticisms into the point of ridiculousness.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
^That was actually quite awful, at least in my opinion. Maybe these guys could come up with something original and funny to say instead of ragging on like everyone else and twisting criticisms into the point of ridiculousness.

to be fair this video at least attempted to be funny in its criticism and wasn't as hateful as the Dark Knight Rises one or similar ones

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching the blu-ray this weekend... so far very happy. The faux documentary about Krypton is EXCELLENT!

Only disappointment is apparently no deleted scenes. :p:-(

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Synder said he wanted to do a director's cut, so we'll probably get one before the next film comes out in 2015. If that's the case, no need to show the scenes early.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooooh, a director's cut. Cool! Be interested to see how that ends up - there's some areas which could be fleshed out a bit more, some character beats that we could have spent more time on.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed this 4K vs blu-ray comparison:

They look to have removed the green tint (assuming this comparison is accurate). The shadows are a touch too blue but it's still an improvement IMO. Might be beter source for future fanedits.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Blue tints are the best though.

:D  At least his suit is the right colour.

Top Bottom