• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: Adywan Releases Empire Revisited Clip

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Faneditor Adywan has released a two minute clip for his upcoming The Empire Strikes Back: Revisited project. Check it out.

[align=center]

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He's just posted a comparison clip to his Facebook feed. The amount of work that went into this, especially to make it seem so natural when the 2004 clip looked so stiff, is pretty mind-boggling.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
He's just posted a comparison clip to his Facebook feed. The amount of work that went into this, especially to make it seem so natural when the 2004 clip looked so stiff, is pretty mind-boggling.

Once it becomes available on YouTube we'll post it here as well.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:

Wow, i didn't even knotice most of the changes until watching the comparison, thats how good it is!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube]EyxwJ_cqNZ4[/youtube]

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fffffrrrrriiiiIIIINNNNNKKKKK!!!!! shakes fist

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:

deal-with-it.gif

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:

SHeeesh!!! He only saved the day, why don't you go throw some lightning around or something. Oh wait, please do not throw lightning around okay? Please?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow. seeing them side by side really helped me out, because i just plain dont watch the SE's. amazing work indeed. what a craftsman.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
wow. seeing them side by side really helped me out, because i just plain dont watch the SE's. amazing work indeed. what a craftsman.

And keep in mind, that comparison is just the visual, the SE version is still AFTER having been re-cut to match the original dialogue, the dialogue of the SE is just gawd-awful

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something is off to me in the clip. It's nicer than the SE and the original, but it still needs some work. :flame:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Something is off to me in the clip. It's nicer than the SE and the original, but it still needs some work. :flame:

The lip movement isn't quite in sync. And what footage is he using here? It's not the SE footage and it's not the OT footage. So what's he using?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's obviously a mix between the 2004 version and some footage from ROTJ, to recreate the ROTJ aspect of the face.
I dont mind the little sync problem, I think it's "good enough", as would said George Lucas! ;)
Of course if it could be make better, it would be nice.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sheesh, you guys should read the ot.com thread so I don't have to do all the work ;)

and on both youtube and facebook i state that the audio is only temporary. I won't even begin to touch the audio track until the video side of things is 100% complete

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, haven't browsed that little thread in a while. Audio aside, the video could use some tweaking too. I'm sure he will make it better, but at this point it's not where it needs to be.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
imo it's already 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better than the SE bastardized failure. I don't care about the lips being in perfect sync as the holographic communication has never been perfectly in visual sync, it's always slightly off, twitchy and jumpy.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the empire needs to upgrade their communications infrastructure methinks. or ffs just spring for an unlimited dataplan ;)

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was late to the party on watching ANH Revisited all the way through. That was stupid. The Death Star battle? Mind. Blown.

I've always thought Empire had no need for improvement, but maybe I was wrong, Ady's work looks amazing on this!

Top Bottom