• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Starz Camelot

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whilst purusing about the new Spartacus blokie, I notice Starz are doing an Arthurian:

[video=dailymotion;xgiwy8]

Joseph Fiennes, Eva Green.....no American accents???? :p

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, but that looks awful. It got worse when the song kicked in..... I still love Merlin with Sam Neill!!!

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't suspect the contemporary song is in it...well, I hope.

You mean you don't dig BBC's Merlin???!?!?! ;-)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno, it look's alright to me, and don't forget Spartacus started out weak (rectified in the BR editions) but finished unbelievably strong.

@White Merlin, really?

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice the smiley.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Did you ever finish this Dave? I watched the first episode and then never found enough reason to go back, First series should be out soon and I might pick it up if it's worth it.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought all the sex was totally OTT. I really like the humour and fun in Merlin, so this show feels quite unnecessary to me.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave up on it after a few episodes. I mean I like seeing Eva Green naked as much as the next man but this show just got boring after a while. And the budget is clearly not big enough either.

But the boredom did surprise me. I remember watching a Merlin TV Film with Helena Bonham Carter and Sam Neill and that was good, so the Camelot writers really have no excuse. Plus, casting a boy as Arthur and having all the supporting cast as grown men was a mistake. I just didn't believe these tough worldly men would follow this boy.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also bailed out on this like three episodes in, yeah it has Miss Green going for it but thats the only thing going for it IMO: the kid they got for playing Arthur might be good for other kind of roles but certainly not here, Fiennes doesn't fit Merlin for my tastes, except for some appearances by Purefoy the rest of the cast seemed non-present .... not worth watching.

And the fact that it won't return for a second season says everything I need to know.

Top Bottom