• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DARKEST CITY

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon mi amigo
Just sent you a new shippment that includes" the darker SKY CAPTAIN, HELLBLAZER and SPECTRES FROM SPACE.
I am wrapping up DARKEST CITY. It was not unlike your GRAND CANYON edit. It started as just a one cut and ended up doing a full edit.
the new version is more mysterious. We don't reveal what is going on until the boat ride at the end. Until then, its all a mystery.
Also new music cues, reworked Jennifer Connelly's singing and reworked the opening with no voice over narration.
Coming soon.
darkcity6dd7.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

what a cool project!!!

Man, I love this movie too.

Speaking of Hellblazer, when's that due out? Or did I miss the posting? *scurries to look it up*

I mailed 2 dvds to Boon a month ago and he never got them. Probably intercepted by Interpol. So I did it again 3 days ago and included SPECTRES so thats good.
If you saw DARK CITY, well, the cat's out of the bag. Best thing to do is watch DARKEST CITY with someone who's never seen it. I try not to give it away (as the makers seem to do from the get go) and watch the puzzle look in their faces.

darkcity5yw1.jpg

Let me guess...the original 'one cut' approach was to remove the opening voice over, right?

Worst decision in studio thinking in a long time. Let's just ruin all the storytelling in the first two minutes. Ugh.

They should re-dub Citizen Kane, too. As he dies, make him say, "Rosebud...is a sled."

Uncanny Antman said:
They should re-dub Citizen Kane, too. As he dies, make him say, "Rosebud...is a sled."
:grin: please do this

This is my favourite film of all time, except for the opening. I shall eagerly be awaiting this.

:D

-Dan

I love Dark City, and I'm intrigued with your edit.

I never understood why people hated the opening narration. Please tell me what is so bad about it...

^It explains the whole damn plot of the movie.

Why have a revelation at the end, but spoil it right at the beginning?

I loved Dark City and would love to see the other edits listed as well. Hopefully Boon gets the package this time!! :)

Just finished watching DARKEST CITY.
I am very pleased.
Will work on DUEL dvd authoring and will ship both by the end of week.
This week I am working on the next podcast and then HULK SMASH!

3ddarkestcity3zo6.jpg

I always thought this film was a disappointment.
After seeing how you fixed the disappointing Constantine, I'll be giving this a look.

Just finished watching this.
Kudos on another fine edit that puts the original filmmakers to shame.

I found this much better than the original version.
Funny thing cut like this I felt like I was watching the Matrix. (And that's not a bad thing).

We get to explore the world and the plot reveals along with John. Beautiful work.

DoctorM said:
I always thought this film was a disappointment.
After seeing how you fixed the disappointing Constantine, I'll be giving this a look.
I liked Constantine :(

Back
Top Bottom