• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

True Grit

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i thought it was good....cant go wrong with Coen Brothers & Jeff Bridges....but got me wondering how often "remakes" truly work.............is it no-no to touch certain holy grail of films or is it fair game if it can be done right "Zombie's Halloween" im just saying....how would it look if someone remade The Godfather..some movies are just Holy Ground and dont dare touch

I think there's a distinct difference between remake and adaptation. Books and plays are fair game and can be interpreted different ways so I see no reason why there can't be multiple versions of things. Now movies made originally for the cinema being remade is quite a different story.

I thought it was good too until it got to the end and then it was just anticlimatic and ended way too soon. On the verge of being great but then falls flat.

Liked it, didn't love it like I did Raising Arizona, No Country and Big Lebowski. A B movie with A-list talent: a B+ from moi.

Kevinicus said:
I thought it was good too until it got to the end and then it was just anticlimatic and ended way too soon. On the verge of being great but then falls flat.

Watched it last night and had similar thoughts Kevinicus. Setup and shot beautifully in that 'Coen Bros' way....and was a little anticlimatic at the end. I was a bit "Oh, that's it?". No Country and Lewbowski were better.

I've felt that anticlimatic feeling from them ever since No Country. It worked in that case, but has failed IMO in every film since.

Back
Top Bottom