• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers - Dark of the Moon [2011]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I havent been a fan of these movies, I enjoyed the first one moderately and couldnt stand Revenge of the Fallen, so I expect this installment to be somewhere in between, provided Bay learned anything from the public's opinion on part 2.

Anyway, the premise in this trailer is really cool, I love alternate history in films but I dont expect to be wowed by the rest of the picture.

Also, "Dark of the Moon" sounds like a Twilight sequel.

i prefer DwightFry's title: Transformers: Where the sun doesn't shine :D

I have no high hopes for this movie either... it reminds me of the first transformers trailer, but I'm not sure what they want to tell us... "we're not alone?" that's clear after two transformers

I get the line in the context of it being Neil Armstrong saying it to NASA in 1969 - but I agree, we know already! I guess Bay was trying to disguise the trailer to really wow people that couldnt tell what the film was...I dont know. I'd much rather see a whole film about the Apollo missions discovering a crashed spacecraft on the dark side of the moon.

elbarto1 said:
I get the line in the context of it being Neil Armstrong saying it to NASA in 1969 - but I agree, we know already! I guess Bay was trying to disguise the trailer to really wow people that couldnt tell what the film was...I dont know. I'd much rather see a whole film about the Apollo missions discovering a crashed spacecraft on the dark side of the moon.

if we can hope for anything we can at least say that they "try" to do something storywise here...

if you look at the TF2 teaser:

there is no narrative at all (maybe it was a clever hint about the final product)

I'll end up seeing it at some point, whether I want to or not, I own the first largely due to Uncanny Antman and bought the second but sold it when I couldn't find a edit I liked (it needs the same type of radical cuts as the first for me.) Maybe the the lack 3 in the title will disassociate any reference whatsoever to the second film. Allowing it to be a second sequel to the first film (but that just sounds like I'm placing far too much trust in Michael Bay.)

I know I will be brand an apologist for this, but I have great hopes for the third Transformers movie.

I read every ounce of information I can about the film, and have for all three, and from what I can gather, this one will blow the first two out of the water.

The principal screenwriter (something sorely missing from the second film due to the writer's strike) is a fan of the original series, and from all the information that has leaked, it appears this film will throw the old school TF fans some real bones.

Bay and several of the actors have stated that they pretty much think the second film was a failure, and will rectify things with the third. No dorky humor, less frantic camera work and an intelligent storyline are all claimed for DOTM.

As far as the second film goes, I will be doing a massive reworking of it, and it will serve as an action piece to bridge between the two other films.

Give it a chance, and remember, it's a film about giant alien robots fucking up the earth (more human death is promised in this one too.... yaaaay!).

suck it, haters.

reave said:
As far as the second film goes, I will be doing a massive reworking of it, and it will serve as an action piece to bridge between the two other films.
I tend to agree with you. I've worked on and off on TF2 for so long now, with big chunks of it still vexing me. Maybe waiting 'til TF3 comes out will either inspire me or make me realise that I should just salvage some of it for a different edit. It was seeing the turd of a sequel that made me finally edit the first film, so I guess it'd be in keeping with that approach. :)

Yay, a Pink Floyd cover album by a new band called The Transformers....

Wait, what?

Coming Soon to Fanedit.org

Transformers 3

the intent of this edit was to remove the crap jokes (especially from Sam's mother) the offensive characters and general Michael Bayisms from the original movie

Can't Wait

TV's Frink said:
Yay, a Pink Floyd cover album by a new band called The Transformers....

Wait, what?

Oh no you di'int!

Now I want to do a Michael Bay marathon.

leeroy0115 said:
Coming Soon to Fanedit.org

Transformers 3

the intent of this edit was to remove the crap jokes (especially from Sam's mother) the offensive characters and general Michael Bayisms from the original movie

Can't Wait

Hm... looks like the whole thing has a kinda grubby, drab look to it... as terrible as TF2 no doubt was, going by the trailer, at least, it seemed to have strong visual landscapes in the college, forest and Egypt scenes as well as the general urban bustle. Maybe this trailer isn't too representative of the movie as a whole, but while the effects seems impressive as ever, the overall effect is a somewhat cold one. Eh, but maybe that's all intentional, and I've no doubt the movie will be better than TF2. As for TF1, we shall see...

Still sticking with the trademark orange and teal color scheme, I see, but far less saturated than TF2 -- you're definitely right about that, Gaith.

I find it interesting that the new love interest has no lines at all in the trailer. I know she's an ex-Victoria's Secret model or something, and Bay is hardly known for strongly-developed female characters, but still, I can't help but wonder whether this trailer's been deliberately cut around her line readings; if so, it may not bode well...

The pallette doesn't look all that different to me, but I'd be happy if it were more restrained than the previous film. TF2 was an eyesore a lot of the time.

Being optimistic that a Transformers sequel will actually be a good movie is like hoping that a blind date will turn out to be good - yeah, there's always a possibility, but nine times out of ten, it'll be boring as hell with a person you can't stand and you'll want it to end sooner rather than later. :p

Anyway, a few random thoughts based on this newest trailer:
- So instead of a bespectacled anal-retentive d*ck of a government representative who's bossing around the main characters, it's a bespectacled snobbish b*tch of a government representative? Way to be progressive, Bay...

- Oh hey, they actually got Shockwave in this and they managed to update his design pretty nicely.

- Am I the only one who thought the shot of the green-roofed building by the bay was too on the nose with all the American flags blowing in the breeze?

- Ugh... they have to have the shot of Sam screaming "Optimus!!!" yet again? It's not like Optimus Prime is a tiny little Pokemon that Sam can summon whenever he's in trouble, he's a friggin' giant alien robot military leader.

- Double Ugh for this new heroine (Carly, right?)... I'm sorry, but she's just looks so damn UGLY to me. Bay, why can't you get a normal-looking actress to play your leading heroine? Why must they always look like they're two steps away from appearing in a cheap smut magazine? She looks even more ridiculous than Megan Fox did in the previous film, which isn't helped by the fact that she's has a constant expression of "blankness/vacantness".

- On the plus side, the music in this trailer is pretty exciting (though I doubt this will be reflective in the films score) and it looks like the cinematography of the action scenes will be a bit more coherent than the last movie.

- Oh hey, they also have Laserbeak too... hopefully that means that Soundwave will be back.

- Wait... so the Autobots are abandoning the humans to the Decepticons invasion? (based on Optimus's dialogue in the trailer)
If so, they'd better not disappear for 2/3rds of the movie only to reappear at the end (like, you know, the majority of Revenge of the Fallen...)

JasonN said:
Being optimistic that a Transformers sequel will actually be a good movie is like hoping that a blind date will turn out to be good - yeah, there's always a possibility, but nine times out of ten, it'll be boring as hell with a person you can't stand and you'll want it to end sooner rather than later. :p

:) I'll be seeing this one in the cinema, 'cause I'm a pathetic fanboy who can't not go see it, but I feel like this time I'll be ready. I have such low expectations this time around that no advertising will sway me, and I'll go in to the film with a "Prove me wrong about how shit you are" mentality. It's the only way to avoid what happened last time.

Ugh... they have to have the shot of Sam screaming "Optimus!!!" yet again?
I'll let it slide if that's the only time he does it. I'm not confident though, considering half of Sam's dialogue in TF2 consisted of him shouting other characters names. "BUMBLEBEEEEE!!" "OPTIMUUUUS!!!" "MIKAELAAAA!!!" "BUMBLEBEE AGAAAAAAIN!!!"

- Double Ugh for this new heroine (Carly, right?)... I'm sorry, but she's just looks so damn UGLY to me.
I don't get it either. So far she looks...weird. I was never a Megan fan, but I'll take her any day over this one. My main gripe is the laziness of a movie that says Sam MUST have a girlfriend character. She'll be there to give Sam things to say and do in some forced emotional context, and to be in danger occasionally. (Just as Mikaela was.) Whoop-de-doo.

Wait... so the Autobots are abandoning the humans to the Decepticons invasion? (based on Optimus's dialogue in the trailer)
TF2 Optimus "We've kept much from you Sam, there's a whole backstory here we lied about. Our bad."
TF3 Optimus "You humans lied to us about backstory. You sons of bitches, we are out of here."

Jeez, way to be a baby, Autobots. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom