• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Repo Men - The "Reality...It's a Bitch!" Edition

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what kind of fanedit: True Fanedit
original film name: Repo Men
new film name: Repo Men - The "It's a Bitch!" Edition
film studio name: Universal Pictures
edit crew name: Frantic Canadian
Date Original Film Was Released: March 19th, 2010
Date Edit Was Released: November 2010
Original Runtime: 119 minutes (Unrated)
New Runtime: 96 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 24 minutes cut

Fanedit details:

Video Format: DVD/VOB/MPEG2/720×480/16:9/NTSC
Audio Format: Dolby Digita 5.1, 448 kb/s
Subtitles: Yes, English
Size: 4.01 GB's

Intention:

I thought this was a pretty good movie but what ruined it for me was that we find out at the end that Jude Law's character was actually in a coma after he got knocked out in his fight with Forrest Whitaker. As it turned out everything that happened after that point was just a dream. This really pissed me off so I decided to fix this by making one giant 24 minute cut. I cut out everything that happens after Jude Law is knocked out and the screen fades to black up until the point where it's revealed that he's still in that same room being attended to by The Union's medical team.

Tech Info:
Hardware and software information: DVD Decrypter, TMPGEnc DVD Author 3
Release details: NTSC SL DVD
Time needed for the edition: Very little time
persons involved: Just me

A spoiler is a spoiler... but I didn't expect to get the ending revealed like that! Guess I'll have to suit myself... and not watch the film. Ever.

The spoiler tags aren't there just to look pretty. ;-) Don't worry though I've got an idea for another edit of this film that you might find a little more enjoyable. Plus you shouldn't give up on the movie just because you've read my spoiler. It's a pretty decent movie and those 24 minutes that I cut out did include some good scenes. There was this one really cool action scene that I would have loved to keep but it just didn't go with what I going for with this edit. The second edit I have planned requires only a few cuts but changes the ending in a good way.

If you watch the film, its the kind of twist you can easily decode early on. And IMO the film is more style than substance so it doesnt really ruin it like it would better films like:
Brazil and Fight Club

I hadn't seen the original so I didn't know about the changes until I opened your spoiler. The story works fine as you delivered it, nothing seems missing. And
"it was just a dream" endings tend to annoy the hell out of me, so thank you!

However, too bad this was basically an one-cut fanedit, as I found a lot of moments that were clichéd, obvious, too tame (Whitaker telling he didn't actually do his grandfather, he went from badass to pussy in just one line) or too shallow (so all the fuss is about a chick addicted to cosmetic surgery?). I enjoyed it for the disguised Logan's Run remake it was, but I think trimming it down would improve it a lot.

Personally I had no problems with the movie as a whole aside from the reason for my edit. I do have another edit for this film planned in which the ending will be opposite to what happens in my current edit. There are a few cuts that I will be making but I do plan on leaving the chick addicted to plastic surgery part in. Not sure if that can be removed completely though as it's such a big part of the film already. The good thing about this other edit I have planned is that I'll be able to leave in some of the action scenes that I had to cut out for this edit. If you have any other suggestions on what you think should be cut let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I think the plastic surgery thing can be totally removed. You have to trim the sequence previous to the kiss to remove all mentions of the vanity implants, leaving in only the vital organs, and then the "countdown from 100" mention of them during the Alva scene. I also think some of the clichéd family stuff should go, that was too desperate to appeal to the average American family guy.

Back
Top Bottom