• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BLACK HAWK DOWN: Cease Fire Edit

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
******work in progress******

As I wrote in previous topic it is my next project.

I want to cut as many "action sequences" as I can. I know it is heresy but trust my guys it will works.... it will be even more dynamic movie than original is.....

....sounds crazy? :-D

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

nah, for the first time it actually sounds cool. But your previous edits were well done, so mabye this one will suck, or maybe this one will be even greater. One thing for sure: I will give it a try. You are Poland's number 1 faneditor for sure!

I wrote earlier that I change audio track and replace it with some ambient music.....I'v changed my mind..... there will be some cool songs added......
new sound track list soon.....

project finished... now movie is 36min shorter and there are 3 new songs added: "Art of selfdestruction" NIN, "Freedom of speech wont feed my children" Manic street preachers and "Mad world" Gary Jules.....

this is going to be cool.

I was looking for a thread on this edit, but I couldn't find it. I'm probably being dense. Apologies if there is one and I just didn't find it.
I watched this edit last night. Black Hawk Down is a personal favorite of mine, so I was curious about this one. I feel Black Hawk Down has a great mix of spectacular action, beautiful camerawork and good character development. Plus, it's directed by the great Ridley Scott (All Hail Ridley Scott!).
Overall, I thought this edit was very interesting. I liked the concept behind the edit and I think the editor (Voodl) achieved his objectives. Voodl edited out quite a few action sequences, which I personally love, but I can see how the film doesn't need them. It is pretty firmly established that the characters in a fire-fight. In this way, the film focusses more on the characters and their ordeal rather than the action sequences. The cuts were well done, with no obvious choppy cuts.
Changing the soundtrack was an interesting choice. The original soundtrack by Hans Zimmer is, in my view, a particularly good one, so I was interested to see how this would work. As it turns out, the Nine Inch Nails song over the original credits works very well. The transition between the credits song and the OST is a bit sketchy, but then again, they are completely different types of music, so I am not sure how it could have been done any better. I didn't like the choice of song over the end credits, though.

SPOILER ALERT!

'Mad World' (the cover from the 'Donnie Darko' soundtrack, by Michael Andrews and Gary Jules) is a great arrangement on a good song, but whereas the title of the song certainly fits this film, the actual music, in my opinion, doesn't really work.
I enjoyed this edit and so I give it a score of 4 stars. This was my first edit by Voodl, so this edit has convinced that I should watch his other edits.

Thanks Faustus.....Im really glad that someone watched this....personally this is my best edit.....so....you will be disappointed on the rest of mine...

My pleasure Voodl!
I've found that I've got Starship Troopers Raw and The Fifth Element Prime Evil Edition. I'll watch them soon (hopefully this week) and I'll be sure to post a review. I'm sure I won't be disappointed!
Thank you very much for making this edit and please carry on editing. Merry Christmas!

you're welcome....and merry christmas!

Tried to download this edit, as the recent discussion about Battle LA mentions the parallels between the original productions, and since I hated the original i figured I'd give this a try.

But I didn't have much luck, all of the files in the MU dlc on .info are offline, can anyone help out with a re-up or pointing to an alternate download location? (no joy on paradox either btw)

Back
Top Bottom