• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

News Submission

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As we expand and retool Fanedit.org we decided we wanted it to be your one-stop-site for all things relating to fanediting. Because of this we have opened this new forum for you to submit articles, videos, reviews, etc. that you may find on other sites. Post it here and, if we think it is something real juicy, we'll add it to the front page with your name as the contributor.

All we ask is that you provide a title is sums up the news item, the full link and a brief explanation of why you think it's news worthy. Please keep the article non-personal (no use of "I").

We reserve the right to modify your original post to make it more "newsy".

Any questions feel free to ask in this thread. (Please do not post a new thread with questions.)

Ridley 79

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
As we expand and retool Fanedit.org we decided we wanted it to be your one-stop-site for all things relating to fanediting.  Because of this we have opened this new forum for you to submit articles, videos, reviews, etc. that you may find on other sites.  Post it here and, if we think it is something real juicy, we'll add it to the front page with your name as the contributor.

All we ask is that you provide a title is sums up the news item, the full link and a brief explanation of why you think it's news worthy.  Please keep the article non-personal (no use of "I").

We reserve the right to modify your original post to make it more "newsy".

Any questions feel free to ask in this thread.  (Please do not post a new thread with questions.)

Hi,

I'm new here so I have a couple of questions.

First one, I recently made a recut of Alien Covenant so how I submit it ? I e-mailed Dominic Cobb the 19th but no reply so far. Is there another procedure or shall I wait for a reply ?

Second question where can I watch the other fanedits from this website ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ridley 79 said:
Hi,

First one, I recently made a recut of Alien Covenant so how I submit it ? I e-mailed Dominic Cobb the 19th but no reply so far. Is there another procedure or shall I wait for a reply ?

I think you just have to be patient as the admins are busy people and there are a lot of submissions.

If you want to watch a fan edit then you need to go to fanedit.info (which is NOT affiliated with fanedit.org). If what you're looking for is not available then you'll have to contact the editor and request a link privately. 

Check out the rules and FAQ as most of what you need to know is there. 

If your edit gets through then I'd love to give it a watch. Alien Covenant is a film seriously in need of a good edit. I recently watched Job Willins "Paradise" which was very good. It combines Prometheus and Covenant into a non linear narrative and eliminates a lot of rubbish. Well worth checking out.

Ridley 79

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Juniquex said:
Ridley 79 said:
Hi,

I think you just have to be patient as the admins are busy people and there are a lot of submissions.

If you want to watch a fan edit then you need to go to fanedit.info (which is NOT affiliated with fanedit.org). If what you're looking for is not available then you'll have to contact the editor and request a link privately. 

Check out the rules and FAQ as most of what you need to know is there. 

If your edit gets through then I'd love to give it a watch. Alien Covenant is a film seriously in need of a good edit. I recently watched Job Willins "Paradise" which was very good. It combines Prometheus and Covenant into a non linear narrative and eliminates a lot of rubbish. Well worth checking out.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes hope it will pass

I understand they are busy no problems :)

I realized that I should have attached my film with the e-mail, I basically said that I wanted to submit a film and asked what was the procedure.

Yes I've seen Job Willins' "Paradise".

I found it well edited and it was an ineresting idea but in the end, I think the result of the mix just emphasizes the lack of character development present in the 2 films, also I found that Prometheus and above all Covenant have way too much music and adding extra music just didn't do it for me especially int the context it was used and how it blended with the rest of the soundtrack.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Ridley 79" , please re read the OP. This thread is for submitting news articles not fanedit submissions. If you have questions regarding submitting your fanedit(s) please PM a staff member.

You may be interested in this thread that might answer your questions: https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=15829
This is also a great place to start

Ridley 79

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
@"Ridley 79" , please re read the OP. This thread is for submitting news articles not fanedit submissions. If you have questions regarding submitting your fanedit(s) please PM a staff member.

You may be interested in this thread that might answer your questions: https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=15829

Thanks for your reply and the link.

I will read it carefully

daedal

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry I posted here today before reading the subthread rules. I was definitely out of the scope with my post. Was it deleted or moved?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry I posted here today before reading the subthread rules. I was definitely out of the scope with my post. Was it deleted or moved?
Any post in this sub forum enters into a moderation approval queue where it's reviewed. Your post is currently in that queue.

daedal

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It doesnt belong here. It can be deleted. Sorry for that

Top Bottom