• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

WTTV Channel 1 New York Presents the Prowler

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
type of edit True fan edit
original name The Prowler
new film name: WTTV Channel 1 New York Presents the Prowler
original run time 90 mins
new run time 86 mins
cuts added/removed read below, but 20 mins removed and other stuff restored in it’s place
editor Tranzor
film year 1981
edit release 2010

tagline it is some time in the past, set the vcr, sit back and enjoy-

What is this about

What we have here is a companion piece to my older fan edit called “Tranzor's the thing: Late night tv edit”

This is a slightly different (but in theme) nostalgic take on an 80's film. This was made to hopefully bring some of you back in time to the older days of when we had many local television stations before they were mostly all wiped out (let’s say 1960's to the early 80's). This edit emulates viewing a rather crappy film print (common on locals) on one of those stations that
someone is recording on a vcr. Complete with commercials (that span the decades of the 1950s- to the early 1980's), station logos and more. All in glorious 16x9 to please the current set of HD TV owners!!!!!

What was done
I took the 1981 Joseph Zito slasher horror film the Prowler and altered it to look and feel
like an older film using a two step encoding process. The film now has a "creepy old sepia look with the traditional poor film print noise (not over doing it)". I then edited it down roughly 20 mins and removed anything that would not fly on television back then, as well as items for pacing, and some scenes in which the director of the film in looking back would have removed/shortened (like the telephone call scene).

For those of you that loved my edit for the Thing, this takes that and instead of giving you that late night tv feeling, provides for you that late in the afternoon movie feel on some day during the week (more so a tribute to the ABC 4:30 movie).

NOTE:
***This edit is geared more towards those in the US and for the older crowd in the mid to late 30's (and beyond), who are old enough to recall those days of television. This is not saying that those overseas will not enjoy the edit, but that they might not get the full nostalgic value that those in the US would (or hopefully should). Please do not let this bit of cultural bias affect your choice in viewing my edit. I think many of you will enjoy it on some level or another. The goal here is to entertain and for others, in addition to being entertaining, travel back in time to the good old days.

what was /cut/added/removed
MANY cuts and too numerous to list, but some examples are:
1. Added AIP logo at the beginning with sound from the game Night trap
2. Telephone call scene greatly shortened (dir’s own wishes)
3. Some shots were altered, reversed, substituted for others and in a few cases digitally censored for television
4. Many scenes also had the audio manipulated to fit the cuts made
5. footage that was removed were replaced by commercials and such

SOME of the extras include
1. 3 wonderful (and perfect for Halloween) hidden dvd Easter eggs
2. Full audio commentary by Tranzor
3. Prowler merchandise
And many more!!!

tech
all of this can be yours for the dl price of a 7.50 gig dual layered ntsc dvd (in an iso all set for burning)
(iso includes rom dvd cover art as well)

enjoy and Happy Halloween---

** Just wanted it to be known that one of the easter eggs was made with a 352x480 picture size. THIS IS WELL WITHIN the dvd standard, BUT a few players (for some odd reason, incl older Pioneers) have trouble handeling that size. If said Easter egg displays funny on your tv, It is NOT a problem with anything I did, but rather a problem with your equipment not being able to properly display the valid ntsc pic size 352x480. Thank you-

sample of the cover work (front only)
9ne122rc3v.jpg

This might be fun, even if I, not being an American, didn't live through the actual showings this is paying homage to. Will be checking it out, maybe as a double feature with your The Thing for Halloween. :)

It might be on fanedit.info later today

Was given the word by the Riffs that the edit will be here for the 6 of you that want it either by the last week of October or missing Halloween by one day and seeing it appear on Nov 1

of course if you do want it before halloween shoot me a PM. I do ask however that NO reviews or anything else be posted in this topic if you see it before the site officially list it.-

I'm gonna shoot you a PM, as tying things to dates isn't my thing anyway. Haha.

Ripplin said:
I'm gonna shoot you a PM, as tying things to dates isn't my thing anyway. Haha.

hope you enjoy it

I wanna see it BUT I will be patient and wait for it. I have a backlog of edits to view as-is plus im still working on my first 2 edits. One of which is going to be a TV edit too but I have a surprise in mine that I dont think Tranzor has used yet

JJE-187 said:
I wanna see it BUT I will be patient and wait for it. I have a backlog of edits to view as-is plus im still working on my first 2 edits. One of which is going to be a TV edit too but I have a surprise in mine that I dont think Tranzor has used yet

this sounds interesting

Agreed!

You know what I think would be fun too is if someone made a Monster Chiller Horro Theater edit, starring Count Floyd, introducing a movie that's actually scary. Haha.

Ripplin said:
Agreed!

You know what I think would be fun too is if someone made a Monster Chiller Horro Theater edit, starring Count Floyd, introducing a movie that's actually scary. Haha.

but that would kill Floyd's whole comedy routine!!!!

I think there was one where the movie actually was scary, but I can't remember. I am watching the series from the beginning again now, so maybe I'll see it. "Death Motel" was great, as was "Whisper of the Wolf". :D

Thanks for the links.
I really hope it at least gets up on info real soon and in time before halloween.
At least then people can at least download it even if it doesn't have a proper page at the main site right away.

zeppelinrox said:
Thanks for the links.
I really hope it at least gets up on info real soon and in time before halloween.
At least then people can at least download it even if it doesn't have a proper page at the main site right away.

yeah two other edits on the site were like that for a week or so before the were put on the front page

Is it hosted on RS or MU? If it's on RS I should start the download right now, and even that way I'm not sure I'd get all of it for Halloween...

DwightFry78 said:
Is it hosted on RS or MU? If it's on RS I should start the download right now, and even that way I'm not sure I'd get all of it for Halloween...

MU IIRC

extra characters for short post ect.

Edit is now listed on the fanedit.info page which if you click on the cover, will bring you to the edit's page. So for those that got this ahead of time, you can now leave a review in this post as well as technically the front page version (and rating!!)--

Here's my review. Spoiler warning.

This review is based on my opinions and my viewing experience. Nothing is meant as an attack. Warning! if you have not watched the edit, do not read this, it contains spoilers.

Wow!!! that's one kicks ass edit, i give it a ten easily.
Where to begin... well the black and white is perfect and looks totally authentic, i know it's easy to make color black & white, but to make it look good and authentic is when it can get tough, but you pulled it off.
The commercials were awesome, i never had one of them cool trike bike things or whatever they are sadly, ah well it probably wouldn't have lasted more than a day anyways. That was hilarious when the doll's like "i'm gonna take your soul" hahahaha, that had me howling!
The commentary was the icing on the cake, seriously do that again, I found it to be very entertaining, you got me laughing more than a few times.

All in all, a brilliantly put together edit, in a generous package filled with extras.

Side notes: I love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom