• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What have you been playing recently?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since my PC has conked out and refuses to boot, I've been picking my way through the PS3's fantastic library of exclusives.

Heavy Rain: Move Edition - I picked up the Playstation Move controller and a copy of Heavy Rain. It works as a fantastic drama and the controls add a lot of tension and immersion to the experience. It's worth at least a rent and a playthrough.

Uncharted 2 - wow. Imagine a modern-day Indiana Jones and you have Uncharted. This game improves on the original in every single way, and features some of the most spectacular sequences I've ever seen in a game (the train sequence. Wow.)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved Heavy Rain. Very moody, and was much more an interactive movie than a game. I didn't play the Move Edition... just the regular one. I'd be curious to hear what ending you got.

Haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. Liked the first one a lot though.

But I prefer PC to console so I recently finished Dragon Age: Origins, and am now making my way through Bioshock 2. Obviously I'll be playing Fallout: New Vegas on Tuesday and need to start Mass Effect 2 at some point. It's been sitting on my shelf for months.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been playing sonic 4, I think the controls take some getting used to because if you let go of the controller sonic will slow down. Rotating the special stages yourself using the D-pad is quite a clever mechanic so it's definitely a step in the right director for sega (after several awful 3d sonic games.)

I've had uncharted 2 for quite a while but haven't played it yet because I hated all the constant gunplay in the first one. I know it was supposed to get scarier when those descent-alikes show up in the last 3rd of the game, but I actually felt like the game got a bit easier at that exact point.

theres so much out over the next few months though, Fallout, Fable 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Force unleashed 2, I think I'll be busy til christmas... and penniless

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
I loved Heavy Rain. Very moody, and was much more an interactive movie than a game. I didn't play the Move Edition... just the regular one. I'd be curious to hear what ending you got.

Saved the kid, Lauren shoots the killer in the face, Madison was shot to death in the finale (didn't do the gestures properly on that bit). I messed up a couple of gestures during the fight between the FBI agent and the car dealer, meaning he died in the crusher, so no arrests.

Haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. Liked the first one a lot though.

Me too. In Uncharted 2, if you have a completed save from the first game on your PS3's hard drive, go into the Bonus menu and press the square button and it'll give you $100,000 to unlock stuff with.

But I prefer PC to console so I recently finished Dragon Age: Origins, and am now making my way through Bioshock 2. Obviously I'll be playing Fallout: New Vegas on Tuesday and need to start Mass Effect 2 at some point. It's been sitting on my shelf for months.

Are you going to import a save from Mass Effect 1? Because generally that's a good idea considering how much carries over from the first game.

Really looking forward to New Vegas, especially the mods. The Fallout 3 mods were fantastic and really improved the game.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
modern warfare 2 still - i'm thinking i won't need another game for a while

just bought the extra maps and they are worth it ($3 per map, essentially). it is nice to have some more variety.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Played San Andreas last night, landed a boat, pushed it back into the sea and landed it again. Cops blew it up the second time, jerks!

Yes i still play San Andreas.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Medal of Honor. - since DICE did the MP I was hoping for a hybrid of Battlefield and CoD but sadly its just a straight up CoD clone. But that doesnt mean its not any fun.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
Are you going to import a save from Mass Effect 1? Because generally that's a good idea considering how much carries over from the first game.

I plan on it. I thought I had lost my saved game when I re-installed Windows but, thankfully, I inadvertently backed it up.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heavy Rain was a great experience, it really shows how much one can utilize the gaming concept to create stories that are so gripping with the interactive nature of gaming.

Just finished Arkham Asylum, one of the best atmospheres a game could have really nailed it, but the final fight was horrible and i wish i could erase it from my memory

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
been playing Silent Hill 2 for PC. As well as SAW: THE VIDEO GAME. (I know SAW: TVG was done to cash in , but i find it entertaining.) Then there's also Manhunt for PC as well as it's sequel (which remind me of Hostel).

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lost Horizon, Suffers similar issues as the developers earlier games (Secret Files 1 & 2) but well worth persevering with, particularly for the dialogue which actually made me properly laugh a good few times.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I did actually play uncharted 2 during my 2 week holidays and actually loved it from start to finish. Over the weekend I finished Scott Pilgrim vs the World, now I'm just waiting for the dlc with Knives Chau as an extra character.

What I'll play next, who knows? probably not black ops though.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm trying to find some more horror games available for PC. i'm thinking bout diving into Resident evil 1 but not sure.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
i'm trying to find some more horror games available for PC. i'm thinking bout diving into Resident evil 1 but not sure.

Give this a try

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

id,1206

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. Will look into it. I even found a Silent Hill 3 Special Edition dvd (someone made basically a fanedit of the third game, tho they dont call it a fanedit)

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished the main storyline of Fallout: New Vegas, and the ending is fantastic.

There are 4 potential ways to complete the game, and therefore 4 endings. I chose the independent route. Gen. Lee Oliver's face when he realises how hard he's been played is perfect.

I'm not done with it yet, though. There's probably a hundred or so locations I haven't discovered yet, including least 2 Vaults I haven't explored.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:

I bought the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It has gotten some really good reviews, with the exception of a mediocre ending from what I hear.

While I wish I could commit more time to Fallout: New Vegas I just can't. No point playing an RPG in short bursts. I need a couple hours at a time. So, for my game fix, I've been playing Puzzle Agent. It's a casual puzzle game but done in a refreshing, adventure game, sort of way. I can play this in 10-15 min. bursts if need be.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Currently playing Force Unleashed II (again), Brutal Legend (still haven't finished it), constantly playing FIFA 10 (no 11 for me), and Red Dead Redemption (almost done), all on PS3.
Oh, and Professor Layton and Pandora's Box on DSi.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just started playing Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers: War for Cybertron (are you detecting a theme?). While ROTF is fun, purely from a robot that transforms and fucks shit up position, WFC is far superior in terms of story and action.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
I bought the game but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It has gotten some really good reviews, with the exception of a mediocre ending from what I hear.

While I wish I could commit more time to Fallout: New Vegas I just can't. No point playing an RPG in short bursts. I need a couple hours at a time. So, for my game fix, I've been playing Puzzle Agent. It's a casual puzzle game but done in a refreshing, adventure game, sort of way. I can play this in 10-15 min. bursts if need be.

If you're into P&C adventures and you haven't played them already then you really should have a go at Tales of Monkey Island. I'ts brilliant.

Top Bottom