• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Looking for a new ripper!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so I really, really, really want to make an Extended Edition of 2009 STAR TREK!

But my current MAC THE RIPPER just does not cut it.

Everytime I try to rip the movie I get a "PADDED WITH MISSING .VOB" warning!

And the final rip is always missing the entire first act and no audio for nearly half the film!

Any recommendations?:pray2:

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AnyDVD or DVDFab.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
AnyDVD or DVDFab.

okie dokie, i will check them out.

r they free?, asked super cheapo-BionicBob -- 6 million just does buy what it used to....:rofl:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
AnyDVD or DVDFab.

hhhmmmm.... went to both official sites, there does not appear to be a MAC version, only PC...:drama:

I hate you Bill Gates!:deadhorse:

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
AnyDVD or DVDFab.

Those are Windows programs. He needs a Mac one.

DVD2oneX is a shareware program that works pretty well. Handbrake might work for you too. When I was a Mac user I used FairMount pretty regularly. It worked well.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
Those are Windows programs. He needs a Mac one.

DVD2oneX is a shareware program that works pretty well. Handbrake might work for you too. When I was a Mac user I used FairMount pretty regularly. It worked well.

My only concern is the new security encoding on dvds is pretty impressive, so I definitely want to get something guarenteed to work, don't want to shell out big bucks only hit the same problem again.

Had anyone else encountered this "Missing Padded VOB" issue before???

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pretty sure you will ned RipIt, which costs money. I bought it in the MacHeist bundle once, so it was virtually free, but I can see that you don't particularly enjoy paying for such basic functionality as a basic DVD ripper. I would never have bought it myself if I hadn't got a couple of other nice applications (including the last Monkey Island game) with it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theslime said:
I'm pretty sure you will ned RipIt, which costs money. I bought it in the MacHeist bundle once, so it was virtually free, but I can see that you don't particularly enjoy paying for such basic functionality as a basic DVD ripper. I would never have bought it myself if I hadn't got a couple of other nice applications (including the last Monkey Island game) with it.

oh I don't mind spending the money, I just want something with a proven track record and that I won't have to replace in a year:smile:

Does anyone use Wondershare?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jack-the-ripper.jpg

Can I interest you in...me?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone ever tried the infamous Version 4 of Mac the Ripper???

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I paid good money for the "in the works" version. but when i got to a dvd i couldn't rip and contacted the guy for an update, i never heard from him again. YMMV.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
I paid good money for the "in the works" version. but when i got to a dvd i couldn't rip and contacted the guy for an update, i never heard from him again. YMMV.

yeah, I heard a few such similar stories.... can't trust anyone on the internet!:tinfoil3:

Top Bottom