• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Krays: Bonded by Blood [Available]

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3d_krays.jpg

http://www.multiupload.com/YSC2SZWGX1

by AvP
Removed most of the childhood so to focus more on "The Krays" adult criminal activites.

Tagline:
When people are afraid of you, you can do anything. Remember that.

Original film name: The Krays
Film studio name: Fugitive TV Productions
Edit name: The Krays: Bonded by Blood
Date Original Film Was Released: 27 April 1990 (UK)
Date Re-Edit Was Released:
Original Runtime: 115 minutes (PAL)
New Runtime: 101 minutes (PAL)
Amount of time Cut: 14 minutes (PAL)

Cuts Removed/Added:

Removed:

Walden looking for the Krays father (Charlie Snr)
Aunt Rose giving the twins the toy crocodiles
The Underground (Bethnal Green)
Violet Kray and Aunt Rose getting ready for the Krays Club
Reggie Kray and his wife (Frances) arguing in the bedroom
Ronnie and Violet walking through the cemetery

Added:

Updated

The film's epilogue (which originally only explained the twins' prison sentences for their crimes)

Fanedit Details:

1.85:1 NTSC (skillfully resized and pulldown)
English Audio 2.0

Extras

Deleted Scenes
Teaser Trailer
Feature Trailer

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original edit:

The film is based on a true story about "The Krays", they were foremost perpetrators of
organised crime in London's East End during the 1950s and 1960s.The Krays were involved
in armed robberies, arson, protection rackets, Violent assaults including torture and
the murders of Jack "The Hat" McVitie and George Cornell. As West End nightclub owners,
they mixed with prominent entertainers including Diana Dors, Frank Sinatra,
Judy Garland and politicians. The Krays were highly feared within their social environment,
and in the 1960s they became celebrities in their own right being photographed by David Bailey
and interviewed on television.

I always felt the film was too focused on their childhood growing up in the blitz, so this in mind,
I removed most of their childhood and a few unnecessary scenes so it would focus on their adult
criminal activites for what they really were known and famous for. This is a tighter, faster paced
version of THE KRAYS - the famous criminal twins. The focus is moved to their adolescent mob life.

Time needed for the re-edit:

Planning: 0 days
Editing: 1 day
Sound editing: 1 day
Authering: 2 days

Special Thanks to the following:

Boon23
Dorothy
ThrowgnCpr

Thanks guys, DVD is being uploaded now.

I should watch the original because it looks like this movie has a "Scorsese mood".

Nah its not like a Scorsese film.

AvP said:
Nah its not like a Scorsese film.

Ha, you're not a marketing guy! ;)
But the movie still looks interesting.

I reviewed this one the other night. It was interesting. Technically, it was flawless. I noticed no cuts at all, the audio transitions were smooth and well done, and the video and audio quality was great, especially for an AVI (I watched this prior to AvP uploading the final DVD). Even the AVI looked awesome on my TV.

As far as narrative goes, I had just a minor quibble, but nothing too serious. The loss of a lot of the material that showed the aunt much before she died made the death scene a bit strange When she started freaking out, then died and everyone was devastated, I thought "who is this bird?" Maybe a small shot or two of her interacting with them earlier might drive it home a little better. Though I understand this was woven with a lot of the childhood material that AvP wanted to cut out. Regardless it wasn't too distracting.

Video: 10/10. flawless. I haven't watched the DVD yet (which should be superior) but the AVI looked great on my TV (played through internal media player)

Audio: 10/10 no hard cuts. Stereo sounded nice on my stereo setup. nothing more to say there

Editing: 9/10 In a perfect world, the aunt would have been a little better woven into the intro material. Another odd part (not really the editor's fault) was the cut between the jail and the pool room. It was an abrupt change from normal guys to mobster-ish badasses. I know that's how it was in the original, but maybe it could have been altered some (but probably not)

Entertainment: 7/10. Not the editor's fault. It was well cut, I just didn't find it all that exciting of a movie. I'll probably watch it again, but not too often.

DVD: -- I can't really add this score yet because I haven't reviewed the DVD (I just finished downloading though, so I will update). From the list of material, and my experience with AvP's DVD's, I'm sure its a 10.

I'm going to give this a final rating of 8.5. Though mathematically it works out to a 9, I just wasn't that entertained, and compared to my ratings on IMDB, I want to keep it closer to the entertainment value. Still, an 8.5 is pretty darn great in my book. Nice job AvP. Welcome to faneditor land :)

approved.png

Thanks throw, the prison to the pool scene is untouched, im sure you will like the DVD :)

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice crackles and pops all along the audio track of the DVD version? :?:

Plays perfect my end.

Is this going to be moved? :bump2:

Moved. And congrats on your first fanedit! I'll try to watch this soon.

Thread closed.
This fanedit is released.

sorry, thread was closed by accident...

Back
Top Bottom