• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hi Guys hope you can help: Star Wars crawl

StormTrooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hope it's the correct place to post this request.

I want to add the star wars crawl to a sports dvd that im doing for my Rugby League team.I also want to be able to edit the crawl text.

Can someone tell me where i can get the crawl and how to edit the text please?

cheers all

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you're on a mac, there is a tool you can use over at theforce.net.  Otherwise you'll want Taolar's template for After Effects.  I had it uploaded, but apparently the link is dead.  I can reup tonight it if you want it

StormTrooper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
using windows xp ThrowgnCpr. Any help is much appreciated. Let me know where and when i can download it please..

thanks again

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool. I'll get it back online tonight. Its a small file (~1MB). You will need to have Adobe Illustrator and Adobe After Effects installed on your system to create the crawl with Taolar's project files.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here is version 0.4 (I think this is the most recent)

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=862BT1UG

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started experimenting with making a Star Wars crawl within Vegas. In short, by taking a flat image like this...

crawl-04-anh.gif

..and animating it using the 3D 'Track Motion' and 'Event Pan/Crop' tools so it appears to move away from the camera, which is actually very simple to do. Trouble is, it disappears about 60% up the screen. Also I didn't add that Scope matte at the bottom and it's cropping the sides out to.

Here is how it looks and again with a grey starfield to make the cropping obvious:

(Password: fanedit.org)

So, any Vegas users know why it would be cropping like this? and what setting to change to make it not do this?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A screenshot of the track's keyframes would be informative. Also, feel free to PM me the project file with the images and I can take a look.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
A screenshot of the track's keyframes would be informative. Also, feel free to PM me the project file with the images and I can take a look.

Thanks, will do.

Top Bottom