If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Hints and Tips
Now that people have had a chance to play around with the new forum software a bit, I thought now would be a good time to add hints and tips that people may not know. I'm going to list some of the more common ones here, but if I'm missing any you think should be noted feel free to add it.

• If you miss "Active Topics" from the old forums we have a similar option here. Under Forum is a sub-nav menu, and there there is an Avtive Topics drop down. You can see the latest news from the past 2, 3, 5 and 7 days.
  • If you have the Enhanced Editor enabled (it should be on by default) the editor works very much like a word processor. Control-B, -I and -U will make the ext bold, italics, and underline.
  • Most video from the popular sites (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) will automatically embed. No special code is needed.
  • Mark Forums Read from the sub-nav menu (or in Forum Actions) is a good way to keep you up-to-date on the latest topics. Selecting this will mark all threads read so your next visit will give you a fresh start on threads.
  • You can easily subscribe the threads you find interesting. If it's a thread you started, under the editor is Additional Options. Check the box Subscribe to this Thread and choose how you would like your subscription delivered. If it's a thread you're reading then just above the first post is a Thread Menu. Under Thread Tools is a Subscribe option.
  • You can rate threads. In the Thread Menu is an option to Rate This Thread.
There are a few to get you started. Any other discoveries you care to share?
speaking of embedding videos, I've just been having a look at the megavideo service from megaupload, where you can stream uploaded videos without actually having to download them. it has an embed video code and I was wondering if that would work here on teh forums
Isn't the coding that they give you on most, if not all, video streaming sites to embed the video in html? If so that wouldn't work here as we use BBcode on this forum.
I should think you just paste the link to the video rather than the embed code. It's too risky to do it any other way, security-wise.
Editing something.
Two more "tips". If you have a smartphone (iPhone/iPod, Blackberry or Android) you can easily access the forums using the Tapatalk application. The free version allows you to read and reply to forum threads and read PMs. The paid version ($3) allows you to reply to PMs.

(This is third-party software so any tech support regarding the app should be sent to the developer.)

You can link your FE account with your Facebook account. Simply click the Facebook icon in the upper right screen, or in your Settings (under Edit Connections) you can link (and de-link) there.