• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
View attachment 253

- Theatrical cut
- Special edition (+ 8.02 minutes)
- Extended edition (+15.54 minutes)

This will also include... 66 minutes of deleted scenes.
Of course most of them will surely be actors doing motion capture or non-finished CGI, but still... I think there will be nice material for fanediting in here!

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok...so who is going to buy this for me so I can implement it?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously you're going to buy it.

But I'll be buying it too...this is why I didn't buy the first release.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know if this release will be on dvd aswell?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Anyone know if this release will be on dvd aswell?

There's too much money to be lost by not releasing it on DVD. So that means it will. :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
But I'll be buying it too...this is why I didn't buy the first release.

Same here.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i bought the first version, but only b/c my mom wanted to split the purchase with me, so she could have the DVD, and I could get the BD. I'll get the new one when the price drops.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thunderclap said:
There's too much money to be lost by not releasing it on DVD. So that means it will. :)
Hopefully it will be (since I still can't edit from Blu-ray titles on my PC).

And in typical fashion, Cameron has yet another f*cking cut of this movie, available only on this particular release... ahhh, will Hollywood never stop whoring out its motion pictures to the general masses? :roll:

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The more cuts released the merrier, I say. They can only help us as faneditors, rather than hinder.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
The more cuts released the merrier, I say. They can only help us as faneditors, rather than hinder.

i still think it's a dirty tactic to sell the single bare bones dvd for 20 euro and then bring out a special edition 3 quarters later, preying on all people who want to watch this movie legally to buy it and then fall for the double dvd again - basically people are punished for purchasing avatar legally because the studio withholds the other release

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm pretty sure it was announced that a special edition would be released down the road. And if it wasn't - you had to know it was coming, given the lack of special features on the first release.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I'm pretty sure it was announced that a special edition would be released down the road. And if it wasn't - you had to know it was coming, given the lack of special features on the first release.

They had announced an extended edition release the same time they announced the standard edition release. Much like New Line did with the The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Sidneywish

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys, the deleted scenes are widescreen 2.35:1

I think it would be great if someone actually takes the extended cut of 3 hours, and matte it to 2.35:1 shot by shot (adjusting if necessary) to make an extended cut including all the deleted scenes that is seamless. I'm looking at you ADM ! For those fews shots where graphics are positioned too high and low in the frame, you can get it off by framing them at 2.20. I dont think anyone will notice.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The deleted scenes are all unfinished though. Who would wanna watch an EE where 40 minutes of it looked like a PS1 game?

0081.jpg

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where did you get that shot?

I will be buying the bluray edition. Too bad the deleted scenes are not finished.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got mine on preorder (something I've never done before, believe it or not).

From thedigitalbits review:
There's 67 minutes of footage in all, encompassing some 45 minutes of actual deleted material. The level of completion in these scenes varies from fully finished to partly to very rough.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys, the deleted scenes are widescreen 2.35:1

I think it would be great if someone actually takes the extended cut of 3 hours, and matte it to 2.35:1 shot by shot (adjusting if necessary) to make an extended cut including all the deleted scenes that is seamless. I'm looking at you ADM ! For those fews shots where graphics are positioned too high and low in the frame, you can get it off by framing them at 2.20. I dont think anyone will notice.

That re-framing your talking about doing is a real pain in the ass!!! thought the film looks way better that way.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
The deleted scenes are all unfinished though. Who would wanna watch an EE where 40 minutes of it looked like a PS1 game?

wait, i know!!! just grindhouse it!!! :bolt:

Top Bottom