If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

forum banner submissions
I think its great. subtle enough not to anger the logo gods, yet cool and it fits the image! all the banners look great. (I updated the first post, to replace your originals with the updated versions).

can't wait to see more banners. this is loads of fun!!
killbillme Wrote:I thought it might have been a pixel aspect ratio issue. you know, square pixels vs rectangular pixels.

Might be, but (for a change!) I'm trying not to overthink it. :wink:
killbillme Wrote:really? damn! must be my display.
how does this image look? because to me, this looks normal.
[Image: 831842raiderslostark.jpg]

When I compare it to this image the banner image does look stretched but on its own it looks fine. At least to me.
thunderclap Wrote:To the right of"Reply with Quote" is a "+ icon. Click that for all the posts you want to include in your reply. Once done, click Reply With Quote in any of those messages. Now in your Quick Reply box you'll see all the quotes.

Thanks. I skipped a step and went didn't realize I had to hit reply with quote as well.
Uncanny Antman Wrote:Cheers Throw. I didn't wanna mutate the actual FE logo too much, but I hoped this would still be within acceptable limits. Smile

In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
TMBTM Wrote:In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.

erm, aren't you an admin?? :doh:
TMBTM Wrote:In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.

Slightly infringing on the FE logo is fine. I really don't want the smaller fanedit.org part covered at all though.
You're an adult. Just cope.
[Image: febannerspace.jpg]
been thinking about the banner. some suggested to link the image to the fanedit it represents. sounds awesome.
but if it were not possible, because of limitations, another solution is to have an "about banners" button. put it maybe next to "quick links".
and it would take you to a page that would have all the banners with links.

The banners are awesome. please keep them coming.
I'm loving how some are modding the logo to go with the image. lets have catch on fire (terminator salvation), bulletholes (heat), electricity (spawn of frankenstein) make it x-ray (the inheritors), neon, blood splatters, teeth (i'm looking at you jaws) clawmarks (wolverine), mirror (you see the logo is made of mirror and we see the reflection of what the image sees) more textures, steel, ice, fire, rivets, rock, wood, water, crystal, stars. :blabla::blabla::blabla:
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
killbillme Wrote:but if it were not possible, because of limitations, another solution is to have an "about banners" button. put it maybe next to "quick links".

This is one solution we've been discussing, but instead if you click on any of the banners it would take you to that page.