If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

forum banner submissions
hebrides Wrote:Hmmm, can only get this to show up small unless you click on it (looks fine then). What's the right way to insert an image in the new forum?

I forgot to turn off File Attachment for Registered Users (did it for everyone else). File attachments are turned off now and you will have to use a site like ImageShack and link to the file. You can remove the attachment from your thread and just replace it with a link to the file.
ThrowgnCpr Wrote:I'm still working around the new forum software (because sometimes it seems to resize my images, and other times not), but I've not had it shrink as much as in your post when i put the image link in img tags.

The maximum width of an image is 550 to ensure it's within the width of the forum thread. If your image is bigger it will auto resize; if it's smaller it will stay at that res.
thunderclap Wrote:The maximum width of an image is 550 to ensure it's within the width of the forum thread. If your image is bigger it will auto resize; if it's smaller it will stay at that res.

Yes, I figured it was something like that. BUT, it doesnt always do that. Sometimes it resizes, other times it keeps it original size and adds scrollbars to the window. And sometimes it changes on the same image in the same post when i view it at different times. Its like the forum has a mind of its own...

anyway, here is another quickie. for lewis886:
[Image: logo_SW_RotE.jpg]
hebrides Wrote:Got to try one for ID, since this edit did as much as any other to get me into fanediting:

ETA: Size issue fixed, but now I'm not quite sure how to remove the attached thumbnail; there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do so.

[Image: fdvxiu.jpg]
it could be my display but Indy looks a little squashed.
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Indy looks fine to me.

Edit: How do you get that damn "Multi-Quote" option to work?
really? damn! must be my display.
how does this image look? because to me, this looks normal.
[Image: 831842raiderslostark.jpg]
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Frantic Canadian Wrote:Edit: How do you get that damn "Multi-Quote" option to work?

To the right of"Reply with Quote" is a "+ icon. Click that for all the posts you want to include in your reply. Once done, click Reply With Quote in any of those messages. Now in your Quick Reply box you'll see all the quotes.
killbillme Wrote:really? damn! must be my display.
how does this image look? because to me, this looks normal.
[Image: 831842raiderslostark.jpg]

I'm (big surprise) very familiar with the original photo, and the one you posted looks a little stretched to me. Then again, it could be my monitor, so perhaps I'm not the right one to respond in this case :lol:
On Hebrides' banner, Indy looks like a pancake.
Editing something.
sorry, its a nice banner, but yes, Indy is squished.

Indy does look a little funny in the pic that KBM posted, but its in the correct ratio. Indy is just wearing a 10-gallon hat :grin: