If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Welcome to the New Fanedit.org Forum! (again...)
I have to say that, from a personal standpoint, I'm wary of this being a vBulletin site now, based on my track record with e-mail notifications with it, covering several different forums. I've been a member at Toonzone.net (vBulletin-based) for almost 9 years and have had problems with notifications in all that time, with 3 different computers! I never touch the settings, but it's like I get notified whenever it feels like it. I'll get a random reply from a subscribed thread out of the blue almost a YEAR after a post is made sometimes, leaving me nothing but confused. I'm hoping things go better here. :wink:

P.S. Are most of the new smilies not showing for you guys too?

P.S.2. Not trying to be a pest or anything (heh...), but now that things have changed, I see that I'm not subscribed to any of my old threads...or am I? If someone posts in a thread I was following on the old forum, will I get a notification, or do I have to visit all those threads and add a subscription or make a reply?
Ripplin Wrote:P.S. Are most of the new smilies not showing for you guys too?

I just noticed this. Looking into it.

Quote:P.S.2. Not trying to be a pest or anything (heh...), but now that things have changed, I see that I'm not subscribed to any of my old threads...or am I? If someone posts in a thread I was following on the old forum, will I get a notification, or do I have to visit all those threads and add a subscription or make a reply?

Subscriptions weren't transferable. Sad
Ok, thanks. There are a few I'm going to resubscribe to immediately, then browse around for others later on. Smile

I hope my concerns are viewed as constructive and not just me thinking out loud. Haha.
Ripplin Wrote:I hope my concerns are viewed as constructive and not just me thinking out loud. Haha.

Not at all. Thoughts and ideas are fine. If there is a way to implement them then we'll take a serious look at it. This site is for all of us so we want to make everyone as happy as possible.
Smilies are fixed.
Yay, I'm finally here. Looking pretty sharp, guys. Be looking for all my complaints soon. Wink
Complaint already? Read on...

First off, for those looking for "active topics," here's a workaround. Go to advanced search and set the timeframe from however far back you want to current. If you remove "forum" from the search options at the top and search by "date" you'll get an ordered list of posts just like you used to with active topics. You can even save your search preferences so you don't have to keep making these changes.

However...and it's a big however...I can't figure out how to configure things so I have "unread posts" noted or marked somewhere. As soon as I log out, any "new posts" are set to "old posts" and I can't tell what the last post was that I read, nor is there a way to quick link to the first unread post in the thread. Am I just missing something here? I sure hope so. Please help :???:
TV's Frink Wrote:Complaint already? Read on...

First off, for those looking for "active topics," here's a workaround. Go to advanced search and set the timeframe from however far back you want to current. If you remove "forum" from the search options at the top and search by "date" you'll get an ordered list of posts just like you used to with active topics. You can even save your search preferences so you don't have to keep making these changes.

However...and it's a big however...I can't figure out how to configure things so I have "unread posts" noted or marked somewhere. As soon as I log out, any "new posts" are set to "old posts" and I can't tell what the last post was that I read, nor is there a way to quick link to the first unread post in the thread. Am I just missing something here? I sure hope so. Please help :???:
exactly. there's a "save search preferences" but don't know where those are.
if those searches could be saved, it would actually be more powerful than the ol' 'active topics" since you can have all kinds of parameters as saved searches.
like all thunderclaps's post for the last month. etc.
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'" - George Bernard Shaw.[/SIZE][/FONT]
"Save search preferences" is near the bottom of the advanced search page. Also, you can go to any user's profile page and search just their posts.
Help! InfoDroid's mailbox is full, and I can't PM him! Smile
Gaith's Fan Edit Shorts - some of the most awesome short-form fan edits of all time.