If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Welcome to the New Fanedit.org Forum! (again...)
I'm also finding significant slowdown with the logos. Perhaps they shouldn't update, but stay static until you click over to a new page? That would also avoid the annoyance of seeing an interesting fanedit, but as you click on it it's changed!
And I'd still like a search function which can list all the threads I've posted in, in date order.
I must just say, it's been a really smooth changeover. I was expecting something to get borked and the whole forum to be lost.... :-) but you've kept all the threads, all the PM's, same structure, everything. That takes serious planning and effort, so well done!
(suggestion: make the text font white instead of grey to avoid the dreary look)
T-HOPE Wrote:Though I appreciate you hard work on everything, I dislike the new forum. It's slow (specially with the chaging logo's), it's hard to find new posts and I find it somehow a mess. sorry guys, but it's not my taste and even after weeks I can't get used to it.

The slow part wer're working on and there is a new posts button, top left. As far as being "somehow a mess", what exactly do you mean?
You're an adult. Just cope.
T-HOPE Wrote:Though I appreciate you hard work on everything, I dislike the new forum. It's slow (specially with the chaging logo's), it's hard to find new posts and I find it somehow a mess. sorry guys, but it's not my taste and even after weeks I can't get used to it.

The rotating banner did slow it down a bit (over 60 logos were loading) but we've cut it back to 30 which seems to have helped. We can cut it back further if others are experience a slowness too?

As for new posts I'm sure how much easier it can be. You have four ways of finding new posts: What's New?, New Posts in the sub-nav menu and Active Topics next to it (under the main nav bar), and in your member Welcome Box.
The only thing I miss at this point is the old quote function. Multiquote is a pain in the arse.
TV's Frink Wrote:The only thing I miss at this point is the old quote function. Multiquote is a pain in the arse.

That ^^^, and it takes about a year to find the right smiley ; ) if you know what i'm sayin' : )

[SIZE=1]: p[/SIZE]
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
TV's Frink Wrote:The only thing I miss at this point is the old quote function. Multiquote is a pain in the arse.

^what he said
Rogue-theX Wrote:it takes about a year to find the right smiley ; ) ]
Yeah, that too.
Doesn't seem slow here.

I don't think they're a pain, but it doesn't work the way you want. :boxing:

Rogue-theX Wrote:That ^^^, and it takes about a year to find the right smiley ; ) if you know what i'm sayin' Smile[SIZE=1]: p[/SIZE]

I'm looking into if there is a way to create a default (most common) list.

spelledaren Wrote:Doesn't seem slow here.

Doesn't seem slow to me either, but it would be good to know if it's an isolated issue or if multiple people are experiencing this problem. Thanks for letting us know.
thunderclap Wrote:I don't think they're a pain, but it doesn't work the way you want. :boxing:
[Image: d7f19448-ac12-4278-968c-bf7c897daa10.gif]