• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

John Rambo - The Hybrid Cut

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what kind of fanedit: probably Extended Edition as it adds cut scenes back in, but I'm not quite sure of that cause there were some little changes besides just adding scenes
fanedit synopsis: Long awaited Directors Cut of the latest installment in Rambo series was something like 9 minutes longer (especially characters development added, some alternate takes, some order of the scenes changed) , and some cuts were made at the same time. Unfortunately there was no additional action & violence added, and furthermore, some of it has been removed. So, there is no way to watch Extended & Uncut version of the movie at the same time on any of official release and the purpose of this edit is to fix it.

Basic details:
original film name: Rambo
new film name : John Rambo - The Hybrid Cut
film studio name : Lionsgate
edit crew name : Gieferg
Date Original Film Was Released : january 2008
Date Edit Was Released : september 2010
Original Runtime : 99 mins
New Runtime : 102 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : hard to tell because of different sources (real PAL with 4% speed up, and converted PAL without speed up), but probably 3-4 minutes added.
Sources: Edit is based on Extended Cut BD converted to PAL DVD, missing scenes from theatrical cut have been taken from R2 PAL DVD.

Fanedit details:
Intention: to be able to watch extended and uncut version at the same time.
Editing Details : Just put back violence and some scenes missing in Extended Cut.
Cuts removed/added/extended:

- most of missing footage from Theatrical Cut has been restored, not all of it, but 100% of violence is here. If there is alternative scene in Extended Cut, usually EC scene is in this edit (in some cases scenes from TC and EC are combined).
- after the explosion of the grenade at the beginning and the orders of the soldiers, a shot of the captives running around aimlessly is still missing as in the Extended Cut
- scene when Lewis is carried on the stretcher from TC is missing
- some of annoying fades between shots were deleted, especially in the scene where Rambo is approaching boat with dead pirates on it. This sequence has been re-edited by using shots from both versions.

Hardware and software information:
- DVD Fab
- Womble Mpeg Video Wizard
- FAVC
- txt2Sup
- PGC demux
- Muxman

Release details: DVD-5 (PAL) with polish subtitles
Time needed for the edition: one week
persons involved: 1

PS. Cover art coming soon.

Hybrids are usually EE, so all is good.

when will this be up on the site?

i hope, i does not take to long to be released.

i was a bit disapointed with them cutting out violence out
of a rambo-movie and am looking forward to see this edit.

Sorry about the delay for this edit to be on the site.
We will take care of this.

Look forward to viewing this edit, will be interesting to watch the whole movie.

my definitive version for this movie. i love it.

THANKS GIEFERG !!!

This happens to be in my cutlist for this edit on main site:

–created new opening teaser introducing Reliant, Genesis, Terrell, Chekov and our mystery villian

Dont worry, I have not added scenes from Star Trek to Rambo ;)

ROTFL :)

I think Rambo vs Kirk would kick ass though.

I've just realized that there is Xvid version of this edit on the internet ripped by someone. I dont have anything to do with it, it's poor quality/audio is out of sync, and I dont recommend watching this version.

Gieferg said:
I've just realized that there is Xvid version of this edit on the internet ripped by someone. I dont have anything to do with it, it's poor quality/audio is out of sync, and I dont recommend watching this version.

the sad part is some moron will prob think this is how you made the film with errors and then give you a review based on a version you did not create. Then again you may never hear anything at all about the xvid

Gieferg said:

That'll be because of the mismatched frame rates of the two original source files used in the edit. I would expect any rip of this movie to be OOS due to the same problem.

That'll be because of the mismatched frame rates of the two original source files used in the edit. I would expect any rip of this movie to be OOS due to the same problem.

AV sync problem is probably because of that. I was unable to create proper Xvid version too. And it's rather obvious that I cant recommend watching this edit in that form :) It's almost like a form of copy protection :D, my Transformers ROTf edit (both old version and new one which is about to be released) also has it. That's also one of the reasons that there won't be NTSC version (if somebody is waiting for it - abandon all hope).

I hope this is okay to ask here since it's not pertaining to the edit but to the movie itself but I just watched the regular cut of the movie for the first time since seeing it theatrically and I seem to remember there being more action/violence, another flashback scene and the ending seems to have been slightly shortened. When I saw it theatrically I distinctly remember Rambo getting off a bus before making the long walk down the hill to his father's place but on the DVD there is no bus in sight and he's just standing there. On the unrated DVD do they have him getting off a bus or is he just standing there already?

Gieferg said:
No such scene in either theatrical or extended.

That is strange because I distinctly remember him getting off a bus at the end. I wonder why I'd remember it that way. I do have a question about your edit though. Did you re-instate the four deleted scenes that are on the theatrical cut DVD? Or were those scenes put back into the Extended Edition?

He gets off a bus at the end in the "workprint version". :-(

STANKPAC said:
He gets off a bus at the end in the "workprint version". :-(

Seriously? How the hell did I manage to see the workprint version in theatres? I was wondering if perhaps there was another version but thought that the workprint version was what ended up being the extended cut. Now I'm going to have to find this workprint version. Thanks for the info STANKPAC. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom