• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Fighter

I am sooo looking forward to this movie

yep, bale looks great! wahlberg still looks like shit though. man, he cannot act.

let's not prejudge :D
i really hope for a great acting experience delieverd by everyone in that project :D

lol, well aside from his track-record (aka: résumé o' fail), he again looks really bad in the trailer. Funny how his brother (Bale) has a thick accent, yet Marky-Mark speaks like good ol Marky-Mark again :p

but, lets think positively, maybe the movie will still be cool ;)

the casting is inspired. a bum fighter whos thrown too many bad movies... er ... fights... and gets one last chance to act... er... fight ... to prove himself.

Sounds like a slightly higher profile 'The Wrestler'

Which is probably a good thing.

I'd be really amazed if they would reach the Wrestler quality, but the trailer certainly has a similar feeling

After actually viewing the trailer it looks nothing like The Wrestler storywise but if it can even live up to half the quality, which the trailer implies, of The Wrestler it should be a great movie.

nOmArch said:
After actually viewing the trailer it looks nothing like The Wrestler storywise but if it can even live up to half the quality, which the trailer implies, of The Wrestler it should be a great movie.

totally but it's also a very "nominated heavy" cast:

mark wahlberg, amy adams and melissa leo are all nomianted and there is considerable buzz already for bale, so all signs look good

killbillme said:
the casting is inspired. a bum fighter whos thrown too many bad movies... er ... fights... and gets one last chance to act... er... fight ... to prove himself.

true, story rather sucks but it is that kind of movie in which I'll probably enjoy acting skills... and wahlberg is not worst actor ever. I like him more than many other 'stars'.

let's not forget that the wrestler looked like a movie about a guy who has his great comeback
instead it was about a guy mourning his past glorious days and returning to a world of self destruction to be in the ring once more

Back
Top Bottom