• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Conan: Man Of War by TMBTM

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CONAN MAN OF WAR

conanposter.jpg

By tmbtm at 2010-08-03

This is Conan the Barbarian, shortened and with the original (amazing) music replaced by Manowar's songs and intrumentals.
90% of the time the new music is playing without voices nor sound effect, so it looks like a big music video with some dialogue parts from time to time.

Teaser trailer:

Conan the Barbarian is one of my all time favorit movies.
To me it's a "complete movie". Both action packed and contemplative, serious but fun to watch, 80's cheese but shot with such a sens of realism that even the now outdated special effects still look great IMO (can't say the same about the Destroyer sequel that, well, destroyed the franchise somehow).
But one of the most memorable things about Conan is the amazing music by Basil Poldouris. Perhaps my favorit score ever recorded for a movie.
Now, my goal with this edit is trying to remove that amazing score and replace it by music by heavy metal band Manowar. This band is a strange phenomenon. It's a band I found quite silly and ridiculous the first time I heard their songs but, in the end, they have some great catchy songs and very nice feeling for anything sounding "bigger than life". Simple and direct lyrics about heroes, gods, courage, swords blood and fight. Some of their lastest albums have symphony music that blend nicely with the sound of the guitare and amazing vocal performance by Eric Adams.

The new music is playing 90% of the time without voices nor sound effect, so it looks like a big music video with some dialogue parts from time to time.

Should be available soon.
(I' going on vacation now for one week so I could not update anything if there is something wrong nor answer questions)

It's funny, I posted a thread about a month back asking if anyone could shorten Conan because it's probably the one Arnold movie I still haven't watched from beginning to end, simply because it's too long. When I was a kid Arnold was the "end-all be-all" for me. I can probably count on two hands how many movies I watched over and over again as a kid that weren't Arnold movies (one hand being the 5 Rocky movies of course).

A friend of mine is a huge metalhead, as well as a huge Conan fan. I'm sure he's gonna be very happy when I tell him about this. I look forward to it as well obviously.

Very cool, looking forward to seeing this!

Very cool, hope to watch this today or tomorrow.

TMBTM said:
Conan the Barbarian is one of my all time favorit movies.
To me it's a "complete movie". Both action packed and contemplative, serious but fun to watch, 80's cheese but shot with such a sens of realism that even the now outdated special effects still look great IMO
Well said! That is exactly how I feel about the film. I'm glad you've released this. :)

image on the front page links to book of Eli.

Ackbar is always welcome wherever he goes. :p

Coverart link is now correct.

Just came back from a week of sun, sea and restaurants.
Thank you to the ones who reviewed this edit!

I guess i was wrong when i thought i couldn't come up with a cover after the one you made TMBTM :grin:
cmowtmbtmcoverart5.png

cmowtmbtmdiscart2.png

If you want it for your page on .org just let me know.
Man i love making cover art :D .

I like it. Perfect art for THIS fanedit. Well done! :)

P.S. "from the world of the dead?" doesn't fit IMO

boon23 said:
I like it. Perfect art for THIS fanedit. Well done! :)

Thank's Boon :)

boon23 said:
P.S. "from the world of the dead?" doesn't fit IMO
Hmm...Good call, It was on the book cover. I'll have to do something 'bout that.

Apologies for double post. Edited above cover. How's that? "From a battle he's come, to a battle he rides"

And thanks JORGE for coming up with your BSOM paperback style cover in the first place. :)

Rogue-theX said:
And thanks JORGE for coming up with your BSOM paperback style cover in the first place. :)
I guess i just got remixed! :lol:

Rogue-theX said:
Apologies for double post. Edited above cover. How's that? "From a battle he's come, to a battle he rides"
cool! :D

No prob TMBTM :) Thanks for making the awesome edit.
Also i think i've found out how to make the 3d display using gimp, so that should make things easier.
conanmow3dview2.jpg

That was my first attempt, but i should be able do it with the same ammount of quality as all the other displays.

you did this with gimp? :shock:

Back
Top Bottom