• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Question about 5.1 in Sony Vegas

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I apologise if this has been asked and answered before.

I'm trying out my first 5.1 edit in Vegas and don't know where to put the six wavs in the surround pan. After converting the files from ac3 to 6 mono wavs I had: C, FL, FR, LFE, SL, SR. Right now I've kept the C right in the middle, FL in the top left corner, FR in the top right, LFE is pretty easy, they give you that, SL I put in the bottom left corner and SR the bottom right corner. Is that right?

Thanks in advance. =)

Certainly looks that way, you don't have any streams left over do you? :razz:

Okay, okay... maybe it was a stupid question. Still, SL could be side not back, and maybe right doesn't necessarily mean in the corner. :p

I only asked because I don't have a 5.1 setup so I couldn't check if it sounded right.

i run them straight down

C - since this is the most "used" channel
FR
FL
LFE
SR
SL

then just black out all the speakers that arent used on each of the channels 5.1 "squares"

sony_vegas_2.jpg

this looks like he panned each track to its respective speaker as well in this image.

Back
Top Bottom