• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sucker Punch

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Appears it will open on March 25, 2011. Looks fun, I haven't delved much deeper than the trailer so i cant speak for how good a story (or perhaps lack there of) but the ninja war-lords, and things blowing up, and the heroine's makes me want to see it.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'd like to see snyder move away from the flashy cgi slow mo visuals and make a really engaging film.
it does "look cool" though ;)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to see the girls in Sucker Punch more nude. I think this at least looks like something different, and I'm looking forward to it.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Wowzers! that was decent!!!

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
for some reason I'm really looking forward to this movie

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had seen the trailer for this some months ago and completely forgot about it until this week when I started seeing tv spots for it. Really looking forward to this one.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Me too. I find Snyder a bit hit and miss. I didn't think much of 300, but I thought he did a fantastic job with Watchmen and I think he'll do great things with Superman. I skipped the creepy owl movie. This looks like fun, but it smells a little of letting a director do whatever they want. Which can be great or disastrous, depending on what the passion project happens to be.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i think sucker punch will be one of the most interesting movies visually, that'S the only thing i want from this

if snyder manages to get the characters working was well this will be icing on the cake

and yeah that owl movie was horrible

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm there day one. Hopefully the film delivers what the trailer promises.

I also hope that the film is successful, for two reasons.

1. To show that films of new and odd material can do well.

2. So that fangirls will dress like the ladies in the movie for halloween and Comic-Con :Yellow_Flash_Colorz

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sunarep said:
i think sucker punch will be one of the most interesting movies visually, that'S the only thing i want from this

if snyder manages to get the characters working was well this will be icing on the cake

and yeah that owl movie was horrible

Really? I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about that movie.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kevinicus said:
Really? I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about that movie.

Yeah i really didn't like it, the animation was so gorgeous, so if you're a fan of fantastic animation you shoudl give it a try, but the story is so flat and generic, it's eragon all over again but this time with owls instead of dragons (but not as bad as eragon)

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's lacking dragons, and it's still better than Eragon? I may have to see this Owl movie now.

Internet Advertisement: "Prepare yourself for Sucker Punch."
Me: "Wouldn't that defeat the point?"

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i think it's awesome that the movie is only referred to as "that owl movie" really "Legends of the guardians: the owls of ga'hoole" is just overkill for a title

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I heard that there's a review embargo on this until the release date. This is not a good sign.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yads said:
I heard that there's a review embargo on this until the release date. This is not a good sign.

if this is true then:

come on... this is one of the few movies I'm looking forward to

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It'll probably be one of those cases where it is good for what it is. If you think you'll like it based on the trailer, you're probably right. The general non-nerdy public might feel differently, but they already made up their mind about it anyway. This one is kind of critic-proof.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw a screening tonight...

This movie was summed up pretty well by the person walking out behind me. He said it was like Zack Snyder had a whole bunch of ideas to put into a movie but didn't really have an idea of what to do with them, so he took some lame plot and tried to make all those ideas fit in there somewhere. Didn't really work at all.

To me it was kind of like watching one of those music videos that kind of, sort of, has the makings of a story, but not really, but it at least looks cool. Problem was, it went on for almost 2 hours. There were songs blaring throughout almost every frame of this film. There was absolutely no tension during the action (the music was a big contributor to this), and the "plot" holding all those pretty scenes from the trailer together is barely explored and lacks any of the emotional depth and pathos needed to make the audience really care what happens to these people.

This is turning into a disappointing year so far. Thankfully, most of what I've seen has been free. This is probably the worst movie I've seen recently (at the theater) though. Just ugh.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw a tv spot for this the other day that said that it was "Kill Bill meets Inception". I loved the Kill Bill movies but hated Inception so not sure what to make of that. :lol:

Top Bottom