• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

grindhouse or aged effect

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
can anyone recommend a good Mac program to give me the whole "grindhouse" or "aged film" look? i am going for a certain feel in some scenes or if it works well an entire film.

i'm just having a hard time finding one without paying a bit of money. i will buy it if it works well, but as i said i am having a hard enough time finding a demo.i found one for FCP i think, but i am open to all suggestions. all help is much appreciated.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
scrapesky said:
can anyone recommend a good Mac program to give me the whole "grindhouse" or "aged film" look? i am going for a certain feel in some scenes or if it works well an entire film.

i'm just having a hard time finding one without paying a bit of money. i will buy it if it works well, but as i said i am having a hard enough time finding a demo.i found one for FCP i think, but i am open to all suggestions. all help is much appreciated.

It's very quick'n'dirty, and it may or may not offer what you're looking for, but I seem to recall that iMovie HD has at least an aged film effect or two.

You could also try here, if you haven't already:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles ... n/free.php

There's an LE version of CGM's Aged Film plugin in that link that might help. Good luck!

Top Bottom