• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dexter

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't tell me I'm the only one who watches this show. There's not topic for Dex? :wat: The Season 5 trailer was released today, needless to say - I cannot wait until this comes on the air! :-D I have a feeling he'll get found out at the end of this season and Season 6, which my guess may be the final season, will be about Dexter being on the run. God only knows, they could take this show in multiple directions but for the most part they've grounded the series in reality. I can't wait to see how this season is. They've got some real talent on board this season (Julia Stiles, Johnny Lee Miller, Shawn Hatosy) but it's going to be damn hard to live up to John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer this past season.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a big fan of Dexter, and I'm really curious to see where they're going to go with it this year. I'm not sure if they can top last season which, in my opinion, was their best ever. I was happy with how good it was considering the previous year was pretty poor.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Dexter and can't wait for the new season to start. I also love how the books and the show follow two separate paths but elements from the books show up in the show, although in some cases slightly differently. I wonder if Astor and Cody are going to turn evil and find out about Dexter's killer side. Still haven't read the fourth book though. Anyone else read the novels?

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dexter is fantastic. Really like the show. Do have to wonder where they'll go this season. I've read that Astor becomes a bit of a problem and Julia Stiles is coming in as the nanny or something.

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have to love Dexter, even though you know he's a nut and belongs in jail, you can't help but root for him.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really good this season. I said this before, but given this is the last season, seriously - where is this heading????

Yvonne Strahovski. FTW.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Used to love it but got completely pissed off with Season 4 and early season 5 so I switched off. It just became for too generic and there was too much monster of the week or in this case murderer of the week for me to carry on enjoying it.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm struggling to like it this season. Not enough detective work or something. I'm thinking of opening a restaurant instead.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this the final season? I thought there was one more. In any event, I almost stopped watching after the Smits season. That was just terrible and sank to an all time low with the finale. I'm happy the last couple seasons have gotten back on track. I've only watched the first two episodes this season but will play catchup in a couple weeks.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smitts sucked, but watch season 4 at least, John Lithgow is the best 'big bad' the series has ever had.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still a little skeptical about this season, seeing as how bad the last two were, but so far it's been much better. Still haven't seen the last two episodes though.

And this isn't Dexter's last season, there's at least one more to go.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been a big fan of the show since it started. The books are great too, but take a very different turn from the show by the third one. Season 4 was the high water mark. 5&6 were not as good, but entertaining nonetheless. This season has had a few groan-worthy moments, but I like the way it's progressing. Very few shows can maintain consistently excellent storytelling after 7 seasons and Dexter is no different. It's not as good as it was, but it's still one of the best shows on TV.

Considering it's popularity, I'm surprised no one has attempted a TV-to-movie fanedit of it yet. I'd love to see it if someone wants to give it a shot.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Considering it's popularity, I'm surprised no one has attempted a TV-to-movie fanedit of it yet. I'd love to see it if someone wants to give it a shot.

I suggested it to Boon back in 2009 when he was looking for a new project. I'm also very surprised that no one has edited it yet.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It has been on my todo list for a while, just other stuff grabs my attention before i do it :(

But i love dexter even when its bad

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've considered it, but what I'd like to do involves a single movie utilizing the first five seasons. After NWP I just don't have the drive to pursue something that large right now.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I've considered it, but what I'd like to do involves a single movie utilizing the first five seasons. After NWP I just don't have the drive to pursue something that large right now.

How would that work? I mean you've got a different killer on the loose in each season. I think one movie per season, or maybe 2 or 3 actually seeing as a full season is about 9.5 hours once you take out the recaps and opening/ending credits, would work best. Each season could be a trilogy, kinda like Boon's Prison Break edits.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its not as hard as you would think. You would pick one season as your core story.

The rest of the stuff from other seasons could easily be used to create subplots.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
How would that work? I mean you've got a different killer on the loose in each season. I think one movie per season, or maybe 2 or 3 actually seeing as a full season is about 9.5 hours once you take out the recaps and opening/ending credits, would work best. Each season could be a trilogy, kinda like Boon's Prison Break edits.

That'll be my little secret in the event I ever decide to do it. :)

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
And this isn't Dexter's last season, there's at least one more to go.

My bad. There's one more season after this.

Top Bottom