If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Smallville
Fantastic review Zarius !!!

I have only watched bits and pieces so far, and have been thoroughly impressed with the little I have seen.

Finally have all 7 parts downloaded, so I will watch this week.  Very excited.

This might be inspiration enough to finally pull me out of retirement and tackle my own Smallville White Whale!  Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
[+] 1 user Likes bionicbob's post
(10-18-2020, 01:07 PM)bionicbob Wrote: Fantastic review Zarius !!!

I have only watched bits and pieces so far, and have been thoroughly impressed with the little I have seen.

Finally have all 7 parts downloaded, so I will watch this week.  Very excited.

This might be inspiration enough to finally pull me out of retirement and tackle my own Smallville White Whale!  Big Grin

That's smart thinking Bob, hell I've already taken some pointers from this edit for another Smallville project. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Zarius's post
I've been watching this, I'm really enjoying it. It's such a weird feeling to watch a movie for 2 and a half hours only to check the time and find that it's not even halfway over.
I've never watched Smallville, just bits and pieces from older SouperboyX edits. Knowing nothing about the plot of Smallville, I was a bit worried that I would be confused and that it would rely heavily on a prior knowledge of the series. This is so well crafted that I have thus far been able to follow the plot and get invested in the characters with no real confusion. It's never noticeable when it jumps from footage from one episode to another which is really impressive, I thought the actors would noticeably age but it hasn't been noticeable at all. My only gripe is that the distortion in the voices from the removal of music really stands out, but there's nothing that can really be done about that. One last thing to note, I don't mind all of the dream sequences, I think it works well enough. We'll see if I'll change my mind in the second half.
Mega Man is best game.
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
The full five hour edit is now available. It's about 14.8 GB. I've cleared out my disc space and am in the process of downloading it.

In my ongoing correspondence with souperboyx, he did indeed clarify a couple of things for me

1. He's went back and fixed the repeated frame from the Martha and Bridgett conversation for the full release

2. He'll be posting clips from the edit to Youtube. Due to the running time, there are so many sequences from this edit to share that can give everyone a tantalizing glimpse of the film without remotely giving away too much

3. Lana's dream sequences were meant to be her glimpsing "visions", a consequence of carrying the stone around for too long. Due to my confusion (which I conveyed to him), he admitted there may have been a better way of presenting this, I suggested he should stick to the clips that look and feel the most 'lucid'

4. His explanations for what happened with Lex at the fortress largely came down to wanting to preserve some "mystery", and give the audience some ambiguity to think about. 

5. He has no plans for a follow-up, which I feel makes the clear set-ups a lot more needless
[+] 2 users Like Zarius's post
Two clips are up

I finally finished watching this and wow, it was amazing. Everything just works together so well. I definitely recommend checking this out.
Mega Man is best game.
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
Another clip