• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Paranormal Activity 2

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the trailer for Paranormal Activity 2
[youtube:2pugqtoq]
The first film did actually scare me, but I saw the original screener version not the hollywood ending. So I don't know how I feel about the sequal. I suppose it can't be worse than (REC 2) :lol:

Or could it? :-o

The trailer was the only good thing about the first movie. I think it will be the same with the second one. They rushed it through production too quickly, so I'm sure it's a hack job.

arggg. I actually thought the first one was OK. Though I think doing it again is just the same old thing... i predict suck

Seriously this is real?!?

does not compute

*fzzzzzzzt*

As R. Lee Ermey said in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake:
"I smell bullsh*t."

:p

But history (for the most part) teaches that just because Movie A was a giant success, doesn't mean that Movie A2 will repeat. Hollywood, will you never learn?

Pantsandshock said:
But history (for the most part) teaches that just because Movie A was a giant success, doesn't mean that Movie A2 will repeat. Hollywood, will you never learn?
on the contrary, i think this one will be a money-maker.
In Hollywood they now have what they call "Execution-Independent" movies. which means no matter how badly you fuck up the movie (bad casting, bad script, bad directing) IT WILL STILL MAKE MONEY.
This one is a no-brainer. it's shot on camcorders for fuck's sake. on one location with a limited cast and it's a genre film with a built in audience and appealing to a young demographic that probably knows little about what makes a movie good.
And if this one makes money, as i'm sure it will, expect more sequels to come.
That's the real horror. :shock:

The sequal was on the cards the second they changed the ending. I think movies like these only work when everything is tied up at the end.

The problem is most documentary style films work on the premise of "Some footage has been found showing an extraordinary event" which if the film is any good can be an engrossing concept.

But if that film leaves room for a sequal then in theory that means the film makers are asking you to accept the premise of "Even more footage has been found showing an another extraordinary event that conviently continues where the previous extraordinary event ended". And that's just pushing it. :lol:

It didn't work with Blair Witch or Rec so I think this film is going to struggle. I mean at worst these movies are novelty films so trying the same trick twice isn't likely to work.

FatherMerrin said:
The problem is most documentary style films work on the premise of "Some footage has been found showing an extraordinary event" which if the film is any good can be an engrossing concept.

But if that film leaves room for a sequal then in theory that means the film makers are asking you to accept the premise of "Even more footage has been found showing an another extraordinary event that conviently continues where the previous extraordinary event ended". And that's just pushing it.

Well said.

It's just too ridiculous for them to think that an audience will accept that. Of course they do. And we do. So they keep making this crap.

I saw Paranormal Activity without hearing anything about it, and I found it to be (with the exception of the photograph and demon face meets camera at the end) to be very effective. I really enjoyed the minimal sound, and oicture. It caught my attention. It was like a short essay. Everything that was in it was important and there intentionally because it had to be.

I don't think in any way that it is possible to recreate that feeling in a sequel.

so I just got back from seeing paranormal activity 2 and I enjoyed it, well I didn't enjoy the teenager laughter ruining the tension, but other wise it was equal to the first film for me.

For those that don't know this movie is a prequel and I think it would be cool to make a chronological fan edit of the two movies. I think it could work nicely.

Saw it last week & was bored to tears. Really disapointed, the first really got under my skin & actually buggered up my sleep for a couple of nights. But this film just left me bored as hell. It just didn't draw me in like the first film did & I wa pretty much clock watching after 30mins.

Gotta agree, even though they inevitably ramped it up a bit I just found it a bit boring.

Got back from watching it after waiting until everyone had seen it so i'd be in an almost empty theatre

i enjoyed this as much, if not more than the first one, a great sequel that builds upon the first one and doesn't ruin anything. More of the same, but still there were scares that had our whole group jumping

As soon as it gets a dvd release I'll so edit the movies together for a giant Paranormal Activity feature

awesome idea Sunarep. that's actually something i was thinking of doing. but it's kinda tricky cause the fact that they have a caption show up when Micah appears in the film. which could be a little tricky to cut around.

steelio2006 said:
awesome idea Sunarep. that's actually something i was thinking of doing. but it's kinda tricky cause the fact that they have a caption show up when Micah appears in the film. which could be a little tricky to cut around.

figured the same but there are so many abrupt cuts during the footage, one more won't be noticed if all goes wrong :D

thats very true. i may just end up going 2 see it again and see if theres someway to get rid of that scene together (or have it be like a missing clip ala grindhouse or Cloverfield)

Okay, so I just saw Paranormal Activity 2 and frankly I found it rather boring. It took forever to get any scary scenes and they weren't even scary. With the first Paranormal Activity all but 2 or 3 of the night time scenes contain some supernatural element to either scare you or creep you the fuck out but in Paranormal Activity 2 the first creepy thing happens at the 46 minute mark when you see the baby slowly being dragged backwards in his crib and then slowly being pulled out of it on his side by some unseen entity. Then there's the scene in the kitchen, during the day I might add, when all the cupboards suddenly fly open. Not scary but meant to be, just like when the daughter gets locked out of the house at night because the door slammed shut behind her. The only thing that really kind of creeped me out, but didn't scare me, was the scene most shown in the trailer and tv spots of the mother being dragged out of the baby's room at night.

The thing that really annoyed me about this one, aside from the lack of scary/creepy moments, was that instead of just the one camera, like in the first film, they've got six security camera's throughout the house and the camcorder that they carry around. I liked the one camera deal in the first film because when a night time scene came up you found yourself trying to focus on everything in the room hoping to be able to spot something moving but with the six camera's going they didn't stay on any one room long enough for anything to happen. Sure, when something did happen they left the angle on that one camera but I found that it kind of took away from the suspense aspect of the film. Also, I couldn't stand the dad. He was a real asshole.

I kind of liked how at the end of the movie they showed the very beginning of the first film but then they went back to the second film. I don't know what the point of that was. Adding in that little portion of the beginning of the first film was a nice touch for anyone who wants to make a combined edit of the two films but honestly, I don't think there was anything worth saving for an edit from the second film.

One thing I'm curious about though is how is Paranormal Activity 3 going to tie into all of this? The hauntings started in part 2 and part 1 starts off right where part 2 ends. According to the IMDB Katie will be in the third film, and I could have sworn I saw that Micah was in it too but now he's not listed for it and the last update is apparently from November but I only checked out the page the other day, but if we follow the chronology of the two films so far that leaves Katie on the run. Doesn't make for much of a haunted house movie now does it?

Back
Top Bottom