• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

splice

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube:397ldomq]

saw anyone? any good?

I heard nothing but terrible things about it (pretty much like a good 98% of all most modern horror films)

I've seen a couple decent reviews, can't remember where however.

Reminds me this.

[youtube:3lhrhbx4]

Just came back from the theater.

Quick thoughts about it, without any spoiler:

It's a very good move IMO.
Let's say a mix between Cronenberg's The Fly and a good Shyamalan movie (yes there are some!).
It's not a movie that scare you though. Aspects of it can be disgusting to some people, but to me I would say that the movie is beautiful.
Good direction, good acting.
The story is not as original as I heard, but it's an intersting take.
I only wished the movie was 2:35:1, it would have been even more visualy stuning.
Best use of CGI in a movie I've seen in a long time. No "money shots" to makes you "woaw". Just CGI used to tell the story. Quite clever.
I don't think it's a movie that would please everyone, but I think it worths a try.

I really, really do not like Elsa.

Just saw it.
Liked it.
That is all.

Yeah, I don't get the intense hatred for this film that I have seen getting thrown around. I enjoyed it well enough.

I've watched Splice and was confused with how the story went. I think it was like a remake of the movie Species.

I watched it over the holidays and liked it very much. It is full of themes and big ideas. (I thought I was the only one with a wife like that)
so if you like your horror more basic wait for SPLICE 2, coming soon I'm sure. ;-)

Yeah, the ending was obviously a setup for Splice 2, and IIRC the movie made enough money to justify a sequel.

I thought it was meh. But the actress that played the creature, day-um!
View attachment 302
I dont think it was horrible, just not my bag I guess. Liked the ending alot though.

Back
Top Bottom