If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

The Hobbit
Guillermo Del Toro will not direct The Hobbit... fuck.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45299

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/ne ... dio-crisis
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
Why on earth would directing The Hobbit take six years?
theslime Wrote:Why on earth would directing The Hobbit take six years?

Well, shooting the movie would not take 6 years, BUT it is a two parts movie.
When you add the (at least 1 year, maybe 2) postproduction and the ( months) promotion for each movies,
the whole run can pretty much stand easily at least 5 years.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
TMBTM Wrote:Guillermo Del Toro will not direct The Hobbit...

**** indeed! Del Toro was the only one I trusted to do a proper job directing The Hobbit, apart from Jackson himself. Now I shall have to hope Jackson takes over, after all. That film almost seems cursed somehow.

Bad or not, thank you for the news, TMBTM.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
I still don't buy that it would take anything close to six years. Not even the twelve hours plus filmed for LOTR took that long combined, post included. The post-production would be quite a lot quicker now in addition to the filmmakers being able to draw on the LOTR films. It doesn't add up in my ears. Del Toro is probably exaggerating to rationalise his choice, or he's adding in an estimate of the time it would take for the MGM situation to clear up.

Totally unrelated rant: the pedestrian career developments of most directors working today annoy me. What happened to making two or three films a year (like Robert Altman or R.W. Fassbinder)? Those kinds of people probably work in TV now. On the first season of Twin Peaks, they averaged an episode a week in filming. On the second, sometimes more. Lost has also had similar schedules, even with all that location shooting. And these are quality productions we're talking about here. (end of rant)
I'm not a huge fan of Del Toro, so it's not a big loss for me. I'd definitely rather have Jackson do it, but doubt that he will. I just hope it's someone decent.
Kevinicus Wrote:I'd definitely rather have Jackson do it, but doubt that he will. I just hope it's someone decent.

I agree. Whom do you see as a decent candidate for the job?
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
Although i feel GDT would have done a great job on the Hobbit, as a fan of GDT's work i personally would prefer him doing other stuff and more stuff rather than be tied down for years and years on this one project
JELIO
----------
Released with L8wrtr:
Superman Son of Jor-El

Working on later:
Adam Sandler's Click - An alternate ending edit
Michael Bay.
You're an adult. Just cope.
Oh no not michael bay!

I hope youre kidding reave
JELIO
----------