• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Attack of the Clones: Reviewed

ab5tract

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Posted a review of Red Letter Media's new installment of his prequel , erm, reviews.

I thought I'd put it here because I'm interested in discussing the narrative that RLM is building vis a vis the homicidal film fanatic. I'm not entirely sold, yet. A lot depends on the way he carries it next time around.

ab5tract on fanedit.org said:
Another one out of the park from Red Letter Media! If you have watched and enjoyed either of the other Reviews (Star Trek, The Phantom Menace) do not hesitate to download this right away. Lots of great criticism. I honestly believe the reason I like these so much is that "misery loves company." It is nice to watch Attack of the Clones with someone who hates it as much as I do.

"It's not just a movie.. It's the biggest disappointment in cinematic history."

Contrary to flyboy and zeppelinrox, I felt that the serial killer moments in this review added a lot of characterization to the fictional narrator. The woman is a good actor as well, delivering some great lines. "what the **** is going on? who the **** are these people?"

This is in contrast to the Phantom Menace review, in which the basement scenes just made me really uncomfortable. They felt out of place. It's obvious now that Red Letter Media has a narrative arc planned across his trilogy of reviews. If the basement scenes in the first one bothered you, check this one out. For me the characterization really changed my opinion of what he is doing with that. It is still pretty edgy, and could easily offend some, but the FE community knows me as pretty sensitive on these issues. I'm not saying its for everyone, and its still sort of random in the first place, but this installment actually gives the serial killer element a reason for existing.

And, now, our characters are at their lowest point. As they should be, in a trilogy. Personally, I'm hoping the woman and the narrator admit their undying love for each other in Revenge of the Sith Reviewed.

congratulations to redlettermedia for winning the fanedit of the month for may 2010 :smile:

Is it possible to upload all 3 reviews RedLetterMedia did until now to Megaupload.com?
Rapidshare is so slow for me...

Much of the site (if not all?) is being moved to MU, but for now, use jdownloader and patience.

Master Qui-Gon said:
Is it possible to upload all 3 reviews RedLetterMedia did until now to Megaupload.com?
Rapidshare is so slow for me...
I don't think he's done the 3rd one as of yet.
If he has, it's news to me

Probably talking about the Star Trek review DVD.

output.gif

Maybe someone can upload them soon to Medaupload.com, considering the edits are very popular.

Well you could do it yourself once you get them from RS.

Back
Top Bottom