• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Opening Crawl?

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What are possible ways to recreate opening crawls as used in Star Wars? I'm considering new opening crawls and in case I go down that road I want to figure out how to do it.

I believe I've read that some here have remade the crawls on their films, any ideas?

If you have a Mac, I've heard its quite easy using this HERE.

The other option is Adobe After Effects. There is a great template you can use HERE

ThrowgnCpr said:
If you have a Mac, I've heard its quite easy using this HERE

Cool one, Throw! I'd seen the AE, but never the tutorial -- looks very simple indeed :)

Thanks TC, this is PERFECT!

So I've downloaded the program the SWTSG program and done a test on it, seems to work like a charm, but now I need to acquire the proper star field backdrop so that the program can impose the text over it and then have it match up with the one on the movie after the text finally disappears on its way to Earth.

Any recommendations on this? I am running FCP, and can download GIMP. I do not have Photoshop at this time (perhaps in the future, but not soon enough).

Recommendations highly welcomed :)

In the meantime I'll troll the FCP forums and hope I can stumble upon something.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind!!! All hail MPEG Streamclip!!!!

Back
Top Bottom