• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

mac software to burn divx/xvid .avi with subs (.srt)

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
does anyone know an easy way to hardcode .srt files to an .avi file? i have been trying to burn several movies i have in .avi format with .srt subtitles, but i cannot for the life of me get them to burn onto a DVD. i almost feel dumb for asking, but it seems like it is pretty difficult for me. i tried Handbrake thinking it would solve the issue with the option for burning subtitles, or with the option of including existing subtitles such as .srt files, but i cannot get it to work.

can anyone tell me an easy way to hardcode with Mac? i am just trying to figure it out so i can burn them to dvd, i have no problem playing them on my VLC and streaming it to my PS3 to watch with subs, but its just a pain. i also own a WD (don't know what its called), but you plug in an external HDD with your movies, and the device is hooked up via HDMI to my TV. it will play anything from .iso,.avi.,mp4,m4v,mkv, pretty much anything i throw on the HDD, but he problem is i cannot link up the subs to the avi file to watch it that way. so i am stuck in a rut here.

i appreciate all the help i can get here on this simple issue i am having.

Top Bottom