• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Predators

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. I had not expected it would impress me, but this looks cool.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm cautiously optimistic...but I have to admit to being a little worried. :)

I like that Larry's helmet here is a direct copy of the P1 design. (Not counting the damaged area, obviously.)
preds3.jpg

The single wrist blade soesn't bother me, but the super-length of it reminds me of AvP's terrible 'bigger is better' mentality.
preds4x.jpg

I like the look of the cinematography, but some design elements make me wary. Will reserve judgement. :)

preds5.jpg

preds6.jpg

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks really nice or at least, a lot better than AvP.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
still skeptical, but so far so good.
not too keen on the new masks and the big blades though, always been a fan of the "normal" masks from 1 and 2.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the fact that they took it back to the jungle. that's were predator really shines.
also like the band of human badassins.
not so thrilled about the game preserve concept.
it might have worked if there were no guns and the predators are baby predators and the preserve is really a predator nursery. what fun!
still... I'm keeping an open mind. :D

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full trailer

[youtubewide:288tc8k8]

dialog seems delivered well and the cinematography looks solid. I really hope this one does the series justice.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have avoided all AvP movies as they are an abomination unto the Alien and Predator franchises.

I'm willing to give this a chance however simply because of RR. I respect his methodology even if I'm not always in love with the finished product.

I think this actually looks like it has potential, but at this stage, so did the Phantom Menace. One thing that makes me go bleh, is that they're offering Adrien Brody as a badass? Really? I may be alone here, but I just can't stand that guy.

I agree though that putting them in the jungle was a good start.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
One thing that makes me go bleh, is that they're offering Adrien Brody as a badass? Really? I may be alone here, but I just can't stand that guy.

well, I cant say if you're alone or not, but you definitely don't have everyone with you. I think Brody is a fantastic actor. The Pianist was amazing.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree that Adrien Brody doesn't really qualify as a badass.
I haven't seen the Pianist either.

But, I can say that his performance in The Jacket was incredible.

If an actor can make you feel for him or her somehow, I think that would be enough to overcome their lack of bassassness.

Sigourney Weaver didn't look like much of a badass at the beginning of Alien.
Neither did Bruce Campbell at the beginning of Evil Dead.
Matt Damon's casting in Bourne Identity is another.

So you never know.
It could work.

EyeShotFirst

Reaction score
Trophy Points
From what I have gathered, they aren't badasses. They wanted to take a step away from the first one were everybody is big scary muscle men. These are just normal guys. Some are convicts though. What I can't understand is why Topher Grace is in this. I would like to see Red in the movie to call him a Dumbass.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I can't stand Adrian as well. makes PJ's King Kong very unwatchable.

And they better be badasses otherwise they're really screwing the mythology.
I'm giving them a pass on the "game preserve" notion. What's a predator to do if he can't get away from the office for a good old fashion hunt? what with the cost for an Eggsitter to watch over the brood and the higher warp-speed traveling costs?

I'm even closing my eyes to the idea of more than one predator for the hunt. (it was so for predator 1 and 2. i don't consider AVP as canon)

But now you're telling me they're not even hunting badasses? whats next? women and children in a barrel? Holodeck Hunt? Playstation 3?

I think they're going with a CUBE concept. They're not musclebound badasses, they're more like experts in their fields to bring variety to the hunt. which in my book is still a badass.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never payed Brody much attention until the Pianist which was one of the best WWII films I have ever seen.

I like the idea of "regular looking" characters that are still badass. after all, I am pretty regular looking but am most certainly badass :smile:

anyway, there arent many musclebound actors today that can act so I'd rather get some 'normals' that can get the job done. Topher worries me but looks ok based on the trailer but [strikeout:3ez1hzhk]fatty arbuckle[/strikeout:3ez1hzhk] morpheus looks too well fed IMO.

no matter what, its a step up from the casts of both AvP's and Predator 2 (even if I have a soft spot for P2) and am still cautiously optimistic. Its one of those things where you can never surpass the original so I am open to the filmmakers trying new things, as long as it doesnt involve pizza boys and their teen tart girlfriends fighting Preds. :-?

EyeShotFirst

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
I never payed Brody much attention until the Pianist which was one of the best WWII films I have ever seen.

I like the idea of "regular looking" characters that are still badass. after all, I am pretty regular looking but am most certainly badass :smile:

anyway, there arent many musclebound actors today that can act so I'd rather get some 'normals' that can get the job done. Topher worries me but looks ok based on the trailer but [strikeout:24xa4qge]fatty arbuckle[/strikeout:24xa4qge] morpheus looks too well fed IMO.

no matter what, its a step up from the casts of both AvP's and Predator 2 (even if I have a soft spot for P2) and am still cautiously optimistic. Its one of those things where you can never surpass the original so I am open to the filmmakers trying new things, as long as it doesnt involve pizza boys and their teen tart girlfriends fighting Preds. :-?

I agree with you 100%. The trailer marks the first time in a long time that I have been excited about a movie. I am really hoping that they keep the colours the way they are in the trailer, I don't want another desaturated blue filter mess. AVP was a good idea, but it just didn't work. I would really like to see this movie, and I am glad that it is coming out very soon.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Royce (Adrian Brody) Featurette
[youtubewide:22izku9x]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yesterdays live chat interview w/ Robert Rodriguez audio recordings from the 1st session:

Part 1
[youtube:3cktdpqq]
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite quote from the original: "If it bleeds, we can kill it."

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The quote I prefer is the french version of "You ugly motherfucker".
it is "translate" by : -T'as pas une gueule de porte bonheur.-
which means "You don't have a "lucky charm" face" or something like that.

Very often when "motherfucker" is said in english, french translates it by funny lines or other insults,
because "enculé de ta mère", which is the french expression the closest to "motherfucker"
is so over the top (and , most of the time, used by young folks who try too much to be tough guys) that people would laugh at Arnold or any another big stars who's say that on screen.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very often when "motherfucker" is said in english, french translates it by funny lines or other insults,
because "enculé de ta mère", which is the french expression the closest to "motherfucker"
is so over the top (and , most of the time, used by young folks who try too much to be tough guys) that people would laugh at Arnold or any another big stars who's say that on screen.

LOL. you know, in the german version of die hard movies mr willis says the word ´Schweinebacke´ every time he should say motherfucker. it would translate into ´pig cheek´. nobody can swear as decent as american hollywood heroes!

Top Bottom