• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Unbreakable: The Extended Edition

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unbreakable is one of my all time favorite movies. It is also M. Night Shyamalan's IMHO. That is why I was surprised that no one has put out an extended edition of the film.

I'm happy to announce that within the next week or so I will be releasing Unbreakable: The Extended Edition on a SL DVD, as an H.264 MOV and (cross your fingers) in AVCHD format. Audio will be 5.1 Dolby Digital. This version will incorporate nearly 20 minutes of deleted footage as well as removal of the opening and closing text. (If you've seen the movie you know what text I mean.)

I used the Blu-Ray for an HD source to preserve the highest quality possible. Unfortunately the deleted scenes are in NTSC 29.97 and vary in quality so it won't be a perfect match. I am working hard to try and keep the deleted footage as clean as possible though.

If all goes according to plan Unbreakable: The Extended Edition will be available by March 12.

Uncanny Antman said:
thunderclap said:
That is why I was surprised that no one has put out an extended edition of the film.
http://fanedit.org/119/

Blast! I did a search for it too. I didn't think to search for Unbreakable in "A". Oh well. What's one more? Plus it's just a tad different and in HD. :)

Thanks for pointing this one out.

I agree finding a particular fanedit can be difficult, since they are ordered alphabetically on fanedit.info.
However the search function on fanedit.org is your friend. :)
Good luck with this project. A few people moaned about the image quality of the first EE, so a release from a HD source will for sure be a welcome addition. Extended editions from HD source are never easy, because the studios usually do not alter the deleted scenes from SD to HD, so there is a good chance the difference in quality is VERY visible.
here is the script of unbreakbale, which may be helpful to insert the deleted scenes:
http://www.imsdb.com/Movie%20Scripts/Un ... cript.html

Unbreakable is also one of my all-time favorites. It's a shame that film has so many detractors. That's probably the reason we have yet to get a sequel--although it may still happen.

Looking forward to your cut.

I've authored the DVD and am now working on the AVCHD version. Both versions should be available by midweek.

Unbreakable: The Extended Cut is now finished and uploaded. It's waiting to be approved on Fanedit.org/Fanedit.info. Until then here are the details:

original film name: Unbreakable
new film name : Unbreakable: The Extended Edition
film studio name : Touchstone Pictures
edit crew name : Q2
Date Original Film Was Released : November 14, 2000
Date Edit Was Released : March 16, 2010
Original Runtime : 107 minutes
New Runtime : 126 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 19 minutes added

Cuts removed/added/extended :

[CUT] Opening text explaining the number of comics sold per year
[ADDED] Hospital scene with Audrey and Joseph
[ADDED] David finds Joseph in his bed
[ADDED] David breaks down in the shower
[ADDED] Young Elijah at the fair in 1969
[ADDED] David talks to a priest
[ADDED] David and Audrey go out
[ADDED] David at the weight room
[EXTENDED] Audrey and Elijah at the rehab center
[CUT] Ending text explaining what happened to Elijah

Fanedit details :

"Unbreakable" is M. Night Shyamalan's best film. Period. I will argue that point to eternity. The camera work, pacing, everything is brilliant.

There has been one extended version of "Unbreakable" but based on the description it appears five minutes of material was cut. I decided I wanted a version as complete as possible, so I've reassembled "Unbreakable" adding the deleted scenes to the theatrical version. The only thing I cut were the unnecessary text at the beginning and end of the film.

For this version I used an HD source from the Blu-Ray disc. The deleted scenes on the Blu-Ray disc were SD so I had to upconvert these for the AVCHD version. Obviously the footage won't match due to poorer quality. I tried to get it the best I could though.

The DVD:
DVD-5: NTSC 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, True Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound except for the re-inserted scenes
Bonus Feature: Original "Unbreakable" Theatrical Trailer, disc label and cover artwork

The AVCHD:
DVD-9: 720p @ 8000 Kbps, 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen, True Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound except for the re-inserted scenes
Bonus Feature: Disc label and cover artwork

Hardware and software information: Core i7 Hackintosh 2.66GHz, AnyDVD HD, tsMuxeR, RipBot264, VLC, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, mulitAVCHD

Time needed for the edition: About a week
persons involved: 1

Still from the DVD release
117eftg.png

The DVD still upconverted to AVCHD resolution (720p)
2jfd1qq.png

Still from the AVCHD release (720p)
i1xv7k.png

YES!!! Finally!

I kind of wish you didn't delete the text (especially the beginning text), but I'm so glad for the first time all the deleted scenes are restored! I hope you saw G4TV's correct re-cut extended version because that's where the deleted scenes are supposed to be. Anyway, I'm sure you put them in the right places.

Anyways, can someone PM me where to download a DVD version (ISO) of this? (I don't have blu-ray, unfortunately...) Also, if there is a disc label and cover artwork of this extended edition, I want to download that as well.

Mackerni said:
I kind of wish you didn't delete the text (especially the beginning text), but I'm so glad for the first time all the deleted scenes are restored! I hope you saw G4TV's correct re-cut extended version because that's where the deleted scenes are supposed to be. Anyway, I'm sure you put them in the right places.

I did not see G4TV's cut. Wasn't even aware of it. I did go off the script though of where these scenes were suppose to take place.

awesome, I agree that this is M Nights best film, and its got "god among men" Bruce 'B-Dub' Willis in it - sorry I love Bruce.

anyway, props to completing such an ambitious project w/ multiple source releases. I'll get my mitts on the AVCHD version because I already own the DVD and Boons fanedit on SD.

Thanks!

The link for Unbreakable rar 18 seems to be broken...

/there's a joke in there somewhere

zeppelinrox said:
The link for Unbreakable rar 18 seems to be broken...

I just checked JDownloader and it's saying that the file is "offline>File abused". I did look at my RS account and the file is there though. However, when I tried downloading it I get the following message:

"This file is copyrighted and may not be distributed without permission of the copyright holder. We will direct you to RapidGames, where you can buy upcoming games and movies legally online."

I no longer have the RAR files of this and can't repost it though.

I'm really beginning to dislike RS and am seriously thinking of moving to another service.

you'll just have to create a new set of rars and reup them, happens to the best of us but thats just life im afraid.

Even if you did have that file, it would be blacklisted anyway.

Thunderclap, did you give the files a cryptic name? It sometimes helps. Some people just report links, and they are removed. As, nOmArch says, it happens.

Captain Khajiit said:
Thunderclap, did you give the files a cryptic name? It sometimes helps. Some people just report links, and they are removed. As, nOmArch says, it happens.

I've taken to doing that, but this was the second FE I did so no... no cryptic name.

I no longer have the DVD version and only keep my AVCHD versions so I can't RAR it and repost it unfortunately.

Does anyone have a copy that can help out?

zeppelinrox said:
argh... RS = BS these days

I'm in the process of moving all my fanedits to MU. It will take some time though. And if no one has Unbreakable: EE on DVD I'm going to have to rebuild it using my AVCHD version. Unfortunately, I don't remember how the menus looked so it will probably end up being somewhat of a barebones DVD.

Back
Top Bottom