• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

GREEN ZONE

saw it and really good movie and please dont mention the other one weak war in Iraq movie :p

voodl said:
saw it and really good movie and please dont mention the other one weak war in Iraq movie :p

Right, because a shaky camera equates to dramatic tension. :eek:

jarhead is still the best, but green zone was pretty good.
i guess thats a "different" war in the same place. at any rate, i liked GZ more than HL.

Hymie said:
voodl said:

That's true! Shaky camera was very annoying in THL and that trick didnt hide poor story :eek:

voodl said:
Hymie said:
voodl said:

That's true! Shaky camera was very annoying in THL and that trick didnt hide poor story :eek:

The Hurt Locker has nothing to do with it.

The problem is in Greengrass' film style for me which makes it intolerable to watch at times. He substitutes hacky camera work to create artificial tension in dialogue scenes where there is no need for such a technique. If he focused more on good storytelling rather than making sure a camera shakes a certain amount of times I might actually like his movies, but for now they represent a bad part of modern action movies. Bond was already ruined by it, and I hope it was a one time only sort of deal.

The Hurt Locker has nothing to do with it.

why? in THL camera shakes whole movie!

He substitutes hacky camera work to create artificial tension in dialogue scenes where there is no need for such a technique.

exactly the same like in THL, but in THL is much more of it!

Back
Top Bottom