• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pulse: Red Tape Remix

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FanEdit Information
Type of Fanedit: True Fanedit
Intention With This Edit: To re-edit the US remake of "Pulse" into a better movie than what is was originally and to add a mood of isolation and despair that was not present previously.
Original Titles: Pulse
New Title: Pulse: Red Tape Remix
Original Runtime: 89 minutes (1 hours, 29 minutes)
New Runtime: 80 minutes (1 hours, 20 minutes)
Time Cut: approximately 17 minutes
Time Added: approximately 8 minutes
Software Used: Sony Vegas 7 (video editing), Adobe Photoshop (image editing), After Effects (compositing), Sony Sound Forge 8 (audio editing), Cinema Craft Encoder (video encoding), Sony DVD Architect 4.5 (DVD authoring), AutoGK (XVID AVI encoding)

Release Info
AVI Release
- XVID encoded
- Resolution: 720x304
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1, 16x9 widescreen
- Audio format: 2.0 Dolby Digital
- Language: English

Major Edits/Changes
ADDITIONS: Added select "Day" subtitles throughout the film to track the virus's progress and infection of society
CUT/EDIT: Numerous cuts, trims, and edits to remove redundant dialogue, poorly-executed acting, and stupid character moments
CUT/EDIT: Removed numerous shots of Kirsten Bell's facial reactions (or "mug shots") throughout the film
MAJOR CUT: Completely cut the opening sequence of Josh in the Library and being attack by a "ghost"
CUT: Removed the "Rock & Roll" school morning sequence of Mattie and Izzy
ADDITION: Added in deleted scene of Dexter's introduction into the story
MAJOR CUT: Removed Mattie's psychic dream/nightmare of Josh, as well as many of her psychic "ghost visions" throughout the film
ADDITION: Added in deleted scene of Dexter buying Josh's computer from the landlady
CUT/EDIT: Removed many of the character "reaction shots" while they watch the ghost video segments
CUT: Removed Mattie's psychic "ghost vision" on the bus
CUT: Removed Mattie taking a bath and seeing ghosts in the water
CUT/EDIT: Re-edited Josh's video diary sequence to remove redundant dialogue and Kirsten Dunst "mug shots"
CUT: Removed the stereotypical "angry Goth Girl" from the Dinner scenes
ADDITION: Added in deleted scene of Mattie and Dexter meeting one of Ziegler's friends in computer lab
CUT: Removed Izzy's excessive dialogue about what the ghosts are and what they want
CUT: Removed the sequence of the airplane on fire crashing into the buildings
MAJOR CUT: Completely removed the end sequence of Mattie/Dexter getting attack and escaping from ghosts at night, along with her epilogue voiceover
MAJOR ADDITION/EDIT: Added in the deleted ending of Mattie waking up alone in the truck and finding Dexter has become ash on the side of the road
ADDITION: New music score for the end credits

Available via:
950mb AVI Version (xvid-encoded)
RS
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who don't know, Pulse is a remake of a japanese movie called Kairo.

[youtube:3dv4sjd1]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pulse (remake) sucked balls - I believe that your version must kick its ass all over the place JasonN! :)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Pulse (remake) sucked balls - I believe that your version must kick its ass all over the place JasonN! :)
Well, let's hope it does. :p
(personally, I don't think the US remake will ever reach the excellence of the original Japanese film, but hopefully my fanedit makes it a better movie and is a bit closer to the bleaker tone of the original)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been pretty silent in here.... makes me think this edit has actually transformed into a ghost. :-?
(or maybe people just don't want to see Kirsten Bell in a horror movie :smile: )

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never seen Pulse and don't own the DVD.
Actually, I haven't ever heard much about it.

Maybe not too many people own this?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never heard of it. I added the original to my netflix queue.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
I've never seen Pulse and don't own the DVD.
Actually, I haven't ever heard much about it.

Maybe not too many people own this?
Either that or people saw it once and decided to never buy it on DVD. :p

(heck, the only reason I ended up with the DVD is because I got it for free along with a bunch of other horror films from a friend)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmmm, over a month past and still nothing on this one.... makes me worry a bit about releasing any more horror-themed edits. :p
(or maybe I should let 3Raz0r handle all the horror fanedits on the site instead :smile: )

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dont give up. you did a great job. i am still trying to figure out my programs so i can get started on my own. i have your edit and really enjoy it. like others say, it will not compare to the original "Kairo", but for a remake, and you editing it makes it pretty cool! i would love to see more of your horror edits. do you have nay in mind that have not been touched yet?

Top Bottom