• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random TV Show Thoughts

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Duragizer said:
I watched the pilot of Black Mirror today.

I didn't like it.

It's so awful. I watched that episode alone after friends told me how good the series was and hated it. One of those friends got me to watch Black Christmas with him a couple of weeks later and it was good enough to get me to go back and watch the rest of the series.

Yeah, episode 1 is definitely not for everyone, the first episode of BM I saw was 'Playtest' I thought it was fantastic. Edit: also    [img=360x200]https://i.redd.it/ibi4h01ctgxy.png[/img]

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Is TNG the horniest Trek series?

Nah.

46294280714_10e49f0b8a_o.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Counterpoint (warning - extremely NSFW lyrics):

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man-crush on Alex Moffat: I haz one.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I just learned today that That '70s Show got a short-lived British knockoff.

God, that's horrid.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It also had a terrible US spinoff called That 80s Show that lasted only one or two episodes if I recall correctly.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
It also had a terrible US spinoff called That 80s Show that lasted only one or two episodes if I recall correctly.

Dennis from It's Always Sunny was in that show.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never did see That '80s Show (didn't have cable/satellite back in the day and no local stations I received showed it). Its short run and lack of fan enthusiasm's never done much to interest me in checking it out, but perhaps I should if only to know how poor it is.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:

It ran for one whole 13-episode season.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
thecuddlyninja said:

It ran for one whole 13-episode season.

Wow that's surprising. I must be recalling that incorrectly. Guess who definitely only watched one episode?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Based on all the top 10 TV shows in that thread, there are a LOT of people who really, really need to see 'The Wire.'

I've no doubt it's as great as everyone says it is, but even a great series set in drab, depressing Baltimore is a tough sell for me, especially in recent years as TV show budgets and premises have exploded, and there's all kinds of varied and interesting stuff to check out. Stuff like...

glow-review.jpg

Am I the only one here watching Netflix's GLOW? It's a terrific program, with a great cast, awesome characters, a rocking '80s setting, a primary focus on all-too-rarely-depicted female friendships, plenty of attractive ladies in tight clothing stretching and working out, and some great wrestling action, to boot. (And this from a guy whose interest in actual TV wrestling is several degrees cooler than absolute zero.) I recently finished the second season and am looking forward to the third, likely dropping sometime this fall. If you're looking for a super-fun half-hour (ish) dramedy with tons of colorful flourishes and just as much heart, I give this series a GLOW-ing reco- *gets hit on head by a folding chair*    :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to watch that.  Did you watch the doc about the real GLOW?  Good stuff.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GLOW is awesome!!!! The doc is equally fascinating.

I miss the 80s.   :rolleyes:

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm from Baltimore so we have a unique relationship to the show here, for sure. I've heard great things about Glow, really have to check that out.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think this was the right call.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/simpsons-michael-jackson-stark-raving-dad-pulled.html

One unexpected fallout from our cultural reckoning with the life and work of Michael Jackson is the erasure of a Simpsons episode. “Stark Raving Dad,” the premiere of the show’s third season, tells the story of Homer being committed to an insane asylum, where he meets a patient named Leon Kompowsky, who claims to be Michael Jackson. Homer, not knowing who Michael Jackson is, believes him. Antics ensue. The central joke is that Leon is actually voiced by Michael Jackson, a joke extended further by his use of a pseudonym in the end credits. Following the renewed allegations of child sexual abuse against Jackson, executive producer James L. Brooks announced last week that The Simpsons will no longer include the episode in syndication packages, streaming, or even future DVD releases of the show.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh man, that sucks. My wife and I recently watched that episode.

I don't understand that move at all.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get not airing it in reruns, and even streaming to an extent, but not even including it in future DVD reissues, where the people who would buy it are fans who already probably know exactly what's in it?

Top Bottom