• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random TV Show Thoughts

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WTF, did you actually say 'urbanize' swert? Let's just acknowledge that that comment is fucked and move on. I don't want to have to lock down this thread.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you read my comments, i meant nothing by it, other than the fact they keep changing and trying to
add the new "hip" factor to things, and keep taking away, adding too much modern music and such.
messing with classics here is just teling the story in different perspective.
what hollywood is doing is just stripping the soul and the beauty of the originals sometimes
to  make it MTV friendly.
I apologize for my words and if they  offended anyone.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just stop. Do not comment on it further. I read your comments, and whether you acknowledge any intent, the comment stands.  Move on.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite parts of Seinfeld were when they UrbanOutfitterized it.

j-peterman-2.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh, i thought we were talking about this guy:
latest

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BLOODLINE Season Two

"We're not bad people... but we did a bad thing."

bloodline-season-2-poster.jpg

Gaith said:
Just finished the excellent S1 of Netflix's original series Bloodline, starring my main man Kyle Chandler (Early Edition, Friday Night Lights, The Wolf of Wall Street). A tropical gothic family drama, it's very slowly paced, but never once dull, and the episodes are so focused on telling one big story it really feels like watching one big 13-hour movie, maybe adapted from a  decent-sized novel in which every scene and line of dialogue was filmed straight off the page.

Fans of film noir and thrillers like Body Heat should dig it. Also, there'll be a second season.  Season One grade: A-

Season Two now complete. Another winner, and, with three fewer eps than season one, a bit less flab. (Though there are background details to S1 that felt somewhat extraneous at the time which continue to pay off, so overall the pace suits me just fine.) It was just announced this week that next year's third season will be the last, which is a cancellation, but since the producers now know to wrap things up properly, I'm good with it. Things will certainly never, ever be the same after this S2 finale, not for anyone. Kyle Chandler puts in several bravura, show-stopping performances this time around. Highly recommended; Season Two grade: A-

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Continuing to prove Hollywood is afraid of original ideas, now comes word ABC will produce a sequel pilot to MAGNUM PI!

The series would follow Magnum's daughter Lilly, who takes over her Dad's detective agency after she is kicked out of the Navy.   

No word yet is Tom Selleck will be involved or not.

Not sure if I like this idea or not. 

I love Magnum PI.  It is a "perfect" show in my mind.  It was well written, solid entertainment with great characters, and it never jumped the shark during its eight season run.

Does it need a sequel?  Of course not.  Though in my fan imagination, I always hoped maybe CBS would do some reunion movies like was done with Columbo or Rockford Files or Perry Mason.   I even thought when JAG was on the air, that Magnum could show up as a Navy Captain facing some sort of criminal charges.  Or even better yet, have Magnum head one of the NCIS spin-off -- NCIS HAWAII!!! 

In the right hands, it could be cool.   Or it could be another Knight Rider. lol

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, that sounds like it could be as successful as Young MacGyver:

Oh, wait...

Then again, people seemed to enjoy Fuller House, so maybe the nostalgia train will be enough to keep it going.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
wow, that sounds like it could be as successful as Young MacGyver:

Well MacGyver is returning..... 

Looks horrible... but that may be the grumpy old fanboy in me....lol.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ewww... that does look horrible. I'm gonna need to listen to the MacGyver theme song to cleanse my mind:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THIS is my MACGYVER..... :D

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctHqQgnhvKo[/video]

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is my MacGruber:

fullwidth.b8a1fcb6.jpg

:D

(Also: The AV Club reviews the new MacGyver. No great surprise, it's not impressed.)​

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My buddy T is not quite on my wavelength on this one.   :p

image.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still enjoy Smallville, as frustrating as it was at times with its roller coaster of quality...lol.

Erica Durrance is still the BEST onscreen Lois Lane imo.

Welling grew nicely into the role, hampered more by flip-flopping nature the story lines than his acting ability.  But when the writers allowed his character to be confident and true to his comic origins, he ROCKED as the Last Son of Krypton! :D

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone catch the premiere of Timeless?  Fun little time travel adventure show.  It's no Doctor Who, but there's some potential here.  Production values and overall style similar to the ABC Marvel offerings.  I like the characters, and they at least seem to be trying to set up some arcs.  I'd like a little more clarity on the rules for how the time travel works (and doesn't), but frontloading Sci-Fi with exposition is rarely a good idea.  You could wind up with this monstrosity from the start of Johnny Mnemonic:

jmscrolling.gif

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SNL should really ditch that stupid "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" bit. Guys, we get it. If it's SNL on NBC, it's Saturday night by definition. It's not cute or funny; it's just irritating, and it pretty much guarantees the end of your opning skit will be lame.

That said, Alec Baldwin is killing it.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep they should stop doing something they've done in every episode for the last 40 years.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
File this under "this is our reality now", c/o The AV Club:

TNT decides that a modern-day Civil War show doesn’t sound like fun anymore

In what could be the most understandable decision in the history of television, TNT has decided not to move forward with its modern-day Civil War pilot Civil. This comes after the network was optimistic about the project for several months, even going so far as to order multiple scripts and plan a special preview for the pilot in November, but TNT started to second-guess the whole thing when the pilot was finished in August. At that point, the network decided not to rush the show into development, and now Deadline is reporting that it has dropped Civil entirely.

... This is indeed understandable. "Civil" is an awful title.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the-man-in-the-high-castle-season-2.jpg

Vultural said:
Has anyone viewed Man In The High Castle S02 ?
I struggled through the borefest that was season 1.
Opening and closing episodes were OK, everything in between = sleepy time.
I want this to be better, say with more action, less angst.
Any thoughts?

I liked S1 better than you did, though it did move rather slowly. (It may help to live in San Francisco, making it all hit a bit harder home, if you will.)

S2 also moves at a deliberate, unhurried pace, but it also introduces enough new characters and winds up the returning ones to make things more interesting, and the last two eps are pretty damn gripping, with a pretty epic season finale; if the show ends here, it'll be a satisfying conclusion. Full season spoiler thoughts here.

Top Bottom