• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random TV Show Thoughts

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread is for anything that you have to say about tv shows in general or in case the tv show you want to talk about doesn´t earn its own thread.

For example:

This year´s 24 season. I really like my dose of jack bauer. and i really liked last season although tony story line was a bit pathetic. but this season so far?

- a paper thin plot in general (mixing various ingredients from previous seasons in a bowl: moslemic bad guys (again, really?), evil russians, undercover extravaganzas (kiefer speaking german was very embarrassing)) without any real climax

- stupid back story of renee which goes completely against her character developement in last season (last season: virgin fbi bureaucrate got sucked into a mayhem of violence and terror; this season: went undercover with the russian mob six years ago?)

- Katee Sackhoff story line: it is so bad it´s not even worth talking about! they cast a famous tv actress and give her such a lame part? she changed her name a few years back and was wanted for something (nobody cares about at all) and got a job at ctu? no way! did she get the job cos of her looks (first few episodes she went all body shirt in ctu where everyone wears at least something with long sleeves)

- Who´s the bad guy? Jürgen Prochnow was kind of used up too early. who´s left? only second grade thugs...

- stupid science fiction stuff like doors that open up like doors in a spaceship and wall-size monitors

i guess this season didn´t have it from the start and it´s loosing the rest on the way...

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as the sexy agent Walker is back I'm in.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
she might be back but she´s a total wreck!

and until now she looked in almost every scene as if she just saw two trains collide and has to process the images...

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yesterday i was in the store and wasn´t sure on buying the season 1 dvd box of "breaking bad". critics on tv.com are quit good.

any opinion on this show? is it worth buying? do you think it has some seasons still to come?

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Chuck fanedit called Agent Sarah Walker would be much better than the TV show.

I just started watching 30 Rock recently and I'm already in season 3.
I LOVE Tina Fey!
And Alec Baldwin... HILARIOUS. When the hell did he get so damn funny?

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
A Chuck fanedit called Agent Sarah Walker would be much better than the TV show.

I just started watching 30 Rock recently and I'm already in season 3.
I LOVE Tina Fey!
And Alec Baldwin... HILARIOUS. When the hell did he get so damn funny?

I completely concur. :p

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
zeppelinrox said:
When the hell did he get so damn funny?
He's been funny for ages. SNL was just about the only place that would let him be, though.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
absolutely. 30 rock is brilliant. the missus and i just saw the last episode of season 4. it doesn´t stop being funny.

and yes alec baldwin. the whole first season i sat there in constant surprise about how funny that guy is...

oh and kenneth is great and of course Dotcom...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The BBC series Life, which aired last year in the UK - narrated by the brilliant David Attenborough - will be making its way to the USA this year on the Discovery Channel.

Guess what, they are fucking us AGAIN - hard. Just like the nonsense decision to replace Attenborough's narration with Sigourney Weaver for American audiences (nothing against Ms. Weaver, but come on...), they once again remove the wonderful Attenborough from the new series. with fucking Oprah!!! yes, Oprah.

why have someone who has spent their life traveling the Earth tell you about life on the planet, when you can have fucking Oprah tell you all about it? :evil:

reason #547 why I don't have cable TV, and I just buy DVDs

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Life is unwatchable without Attenborough. It's a beautiful series, but it's Attenborough that really makes it special. :(

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not much of a sitcom guy but 30 Rock is a lot of fun. If you haven't watched Modern Family, I think that's the best one on tv right now.

As for non-sitcom I really do like Chuck. (Yvonne helps it a lot.) :p

I've barely started to watch Life. Maybe 30 minutes into the first episode. Beautiful to watch, much like Planet Earth, but Oprah doesn't do much for me. I didn't realize this was re-done without Attenborough who was fantastic narrating Planet Earth. I'll hold off on watching life until I can get the correct one.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes! Heard about this a fair while ago...I am stoked. Glad that it's still going ahead. Normally I'd be scared by them adapting such a great comic to TV, but having Darabont steering the ship makes me very happy.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is it me or have two of the three episodes of this seasons south park been really really good.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the latest episode of South Park perfectly describes every single reason why I'll never join Facebook, up to and including the Tron parody.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes and how often do i login and use it?

Top Bottom