• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
please let this be a real movie and not a promo poster for Kick-Ass.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
please let this be a real movie and not a promo poster for Kick-Ass.

sorry. :( a movie full of hit girl would indeed be awesome.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
whip it.
while i will happily admit watching this only for ellen page and alia shawkat, i was pleased to find that it was a decent movie.
daniel stern was a real surprise here.
7/10
[youtubewide:3hdwl2df]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no boobage.
its a pg-13 film.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what a terrible shame, I feel completely let down by Drew. :(

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surely, though, there's an erotic tension-filled romantic subplot between Barrymore and Page, whose principal obstacle towards consummation is that she's her coach? :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not at all. barrymore is hardly in the film at all. and theres no lesbian tension at all.
page strips to her skivvies in a underwater scene though....

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
After all, nothing they show can possibly be anywhere near as cool as the dragon chase from this one.
The Dragon scene is one of the things I hate about this movie. :-(

It is dumb for a whole bunch of reasons, mostly because I feel that it doesn't make sense within the world that HP exists in. Why would they let that happen? And the, to me, stupid solution to it....glarfh...wasn't the dragon supposed to guard the egg? Sorry for threading on your happy time Gaith!

So I watched two of the big dumb summer movies in the past days, Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia. Clash was more entertaining that I would have thought, but it was dumb. Things were just there, and felt gimmicky. The two hunters that randomly join up serve no purpose, and gave me flashbacks of the two little fairy people or whatever they are from Willow. Just bigger. Didnt regret the time spent watching, so that's something.

PoP was a pleasant surprise. Sure it's not that clever or groundbreaking but I was well entertained all the way. I thought it worked just fine for what it was supposed to be. Obvious movie...in all the good ways!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
not at all. barrymore is hardly in the film at all. and theres no lesbian tension at all.
page strips to her skivvies in a underwater scene though....

I meant as director. :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
images

spelledaren said:
wasn't the dragon supposed to guard the egg?
Yeah, but it wasn't supposed to break its chain, and these events basically require participants to keep playing until they achieve their objective or die, I guess. The only scene in the movie I really dislike is the headbanging rock band.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
whip it.
while i will happily admit watching this only for ellen page and alia shawkat, i was pleased to find that it was a decent movie.
daniel stern was a real surprise here.
7/10
[youtubewide:c1lpzl4x]

I would have liked this movie a lot more if Barrymore would have learned how to shoot the matches so that it didn't seem like they were skating in molasses the whole time. Really took away from the excitement and tension that could that would have made it a much better film.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen it yet but I think this movie should of been edited the same way Bill Hicks wanted to see Basic Instinct...

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw 'The Blue Max', what a film, i really liked it!, the main charachter was a bit of a f^**#*@d, but that's probably what made this film all the more interesting. And the dog fight's were pretty sweet, not as good (imo) as 'Hell's Angels' or 'wings' though.
8/10. check it out!

P.s. now i gotta see 'The Great Waldo Pepper'.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was suprised to find out that I liked the fourth kind

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why would you care if tranzor liked it? :p

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Why would you care if tranzor liked it? :p

I think you should have said "why you should care if Tranzor liked it":heh:

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Liked the Social Network, but doubt it's that great on repeated viewings.
Case 39 was just dumb.
Unthinkable was pretty stupid.
A Single Man was about as boring as they come. Message of the movie? Every moment in life is precious, and you should have been appreciating it instead of wasting your time watching this movie. HA HA. Or at least that's what I got out of it.

Top Bottom