• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sinatrahs newest song will be called and about german penis eaters. so it is written. so it shall be.

i nearly spilled my coffee all over my keyboard.

damn, that topic deserves a song!

i guess that´s next stop stadium rock for sinatrah!

:grin:

btw: i very much like that album of sinatrah. and i was impressed by the profesionalism and by the sound quality.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eraser (1996)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
man this is bad.
I saw it back in the day and remembered not liking it but damn, this friggin sucks.
just got to the zoo shootout. wow.
[youtubewide:10odu0l6]
cross another contender off my list of possible edits.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot about this thread. Glad to see it's alive and well. :razz:

Count me among those who liked Ratatouille. Actually, I liked it far more than I thought I would going into it. Those Pixar people are amazing.

I've watched a lot of movies since my last post here. Among them was Amélie again. Anyone else a fan?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it was pretty good, but it's been years since I saw it.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another awesome French film I watched not too long ago was The Triplets of Belleville. Laffs aplenty! :smile: Totally fit my sense of humor from beginning to end, culminating in the insane, gravity and physics-defying chase sequence.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
Another awesome French film I watched not too long ago was The Triplets of Belleville. Laffs aplenty! :smile: Totally fit my sense of humor from beginning to end, culminating in the insane, gravity and physics-defying chase sequence.

great film!!!

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
It wasn't too bad. I had very low expectations, so was pleasantly surprised. I still feel that the European version of The Descent is the better ending, so it was strange watching Part 2. But if you have only seen the US version of The Descent, then Part 2 will be a pretty good sequel for you. I think so anyway.

Because of how Part 2 ends, I wonder if there will be a 3rd part?
Just watched this last night.
What a stupid fucking ending.
The movie was a passable horror movie. It had a few good moments that surpassed expectations.
What I thought was the ending was perfect...
But then they went and TOTALLY FUCKED IT UP in the last minute.

The old guy could have saved me 90 minutes of my life if he did at the beginning what he ended up doing at the end.
MOTHERFUCKER.

/Almost as bad as the ending of Lost.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3-10-to-yuma-poster-1.jpg

A damn good flick. Only a few complaints (spoilers):

- Too much gunfire from the hotel to the train station. The baddies were endangering Wade far too much. Seriously distracting.
- Did the bartender chick need to be so hot? One model-looking woman is enough for a gritty movie like this. Also distracting.
- The horse running after the train at the end was unnecessary, and I didn't believe it'd hear his whistle over the train noise. Given how he's already said he's busted out of Yuma twice, letting him go on alone would have been ambiguous enough.

These points could be addressed through fan editing, but not enough to justify a TF.

A- for great acting and dialogue; the minus for the above reasons.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally saw Toy Story 3 this afternoon.... and wept like a total little girl during the last half hour. :cry:
An excellent movie and a terrific send-off to this incredible story and its endearing characters.

In other news:
I am quickly becoming a HUGE convert to the Blu-ray format, particularly for animated films (Coraline, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, and Fantastic Mr Fox are absolutely gorgeous on BD) and Criterion Collection releases (seriously, my jaw f*cking dropped to the floor at the video transfer of The Seventh Seal and Yojimbo.... so damn pristine :shock: also put in my pre-order for the Seven Samurai Blu-ray set being released in October).

Watching Tropic Thunder with the commentary track of Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downy Jr (completely in character of the black sergeant Lincoln Osiris and his Australian actor Kirk Lazerus) makes the film even funnier than it already is. (and hearing Downy Jr playing the black Osiris who in turns starts to play a Vietnamese "Chinglish" old woman has to be heard to be believed :lol: )

Oh, and I'm kinda being drag by a friend to go see The Last Airbender tomorrow...
.... pity me, please.... for the love of all that is holy and sacred in this infinite universe.... PITY MEEEEEEE!! :-o

Redstar

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:
Oh, and I'm kinda being drag by a friend to go see The Last Airbender tomorrow...
.... pity me, please.... for the love of all that is holy and sacred in this infinite universe.... PITY MEEEEEEE!! :-o
When you go in try to pay for a different movie so the production doesn't get another two tickets in its pocket... And if you absolutely have to pay, don't pay for 3-D!

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I may do a longer review later (depending on whether or not I'm still pissed as sh*t as I was yesterday), but in a short review:
The Last Airbender = f*cking sh*t :x

Coincidently, I also saw Inception this afternoon (well, I had to get the bullsh*t taste of Airbender out of my brain, didn't I?) and my short review of that movie is:
Inception = f*cking genius excellence :smile:

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If your friend was really a friend, they wouldn't have subjected you to Airbender in the first place. :p

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moon last night. Inception tonight. Why can't I watch amazing movies every night? Seriously I would consider giving each of these 10s, which is incredibly rare for me.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dunno what you mean by Moon. I'll have to look it up.

Watched "Demon Seed" a few days ago. Not bad! Creative and creepy. Nice to see Fritz Weaver, too. I think I'd only seen him on The Twilight Zone before that. Oh, and it had a Bricklin in it! :smile:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yup. that's the one. Writing, editing, acting (almost solely by Sam Rockwell), score were all fantastic. watch it!

moon-poster-2.jpg

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh yeah, I think I looked it up a while ago cuz I heard Matt Berry is in it. :p

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, I guess technically he is in it. Its pretty much a one man show though :)

Top Bottom