• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a fan of the Rat movie also.

Frankly my least favorite so far is Wall-E, believe it or not. I thought the first half was so-so and the second half not worth the time.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember seeing Jumper a while back - a completely asinine movie based solely around Nightcrawler's teleportation ability from X2 (which still ranks as the best Marvel comic book movie that I've seen) and starring Hayden Christensen,who managed to prove that he was just as equally terrible playing other characters not named Anakin Skywalker. :roll:

So now I've just watched Push, another comic-based movie which also rips off the mutant aspect of X-Men (even though they're called "psychics", they're bassically mutants since each one has a single power), but instead of only focusing on one mutant ability like Jumper did, Push focuses on several powers such as telekinisis, telepathy/mind control, healing powers, and future sight. So is this movie any better than what Jumper was?

No... absolutely not. :p

The main character was godly awful - a complete dumbass who has little experience or practice using his psychic power ("pushing", which is a dumb name for telekinisis), refuses to listen to the warnings of Dakota Fanning's future seer, and tries to get revenge for his dad's murder against two men VASTLY superior to him in power (and is only saved due to Dakota's intervention). I absolutely REFUSE to believe that he could've come up with a plan as remotely complex as the heroes executed in the finale, given just how f*cking stupid he's been for the majority of the story.

Other characters are introduced with little to no development apart from how they know the main character, aside from the heroine, but the plot twists involving her character at the end were confusing (in a Saw-twist kinda way) and only made me hate her as well. About the only aspect that I found vaguely interesting in the movie was Dakota Fanning's character and her rivalry with fellow seer, Lolipop Girl, but again, she wasn't the main focus of the movie (Dumbass McStupid was).

Other problems that bothered me were some of the odd coincidences (Hong Hong must be the capital of mutants or something), ridiculous actions of the characters (the final battle between two powerful psychics is a boring-ass fistfight), and plotpoints that went nowhere (a huge part of the story was about saving Dakota's mother, but we never get to that point - the movie just ends, trying to pointlessly set up for a potential sequel).

3/10

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jarhead

I dont think I really appreciated this one when I first saw it for whatever reason.
I rewatched it the other day and enjoyed it thoroughly. I agree that it was a much better film than Hurt Locker (which many people made comparisons to on its release) - but I need to rewatch that one as well.
Jake Gyllanhaal was fantastic as was Jamie Foxx. Definitely a film that was unfairly overlooked - at least by me. This is the Full Metal Jacket of its time.

8/10

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Human Centipede (first sequence)

woah. that was one sick fuck of a movie!

it wasn´t good but it was quite accurate in delivering the nasty. and the villain was very evil. and for me as a german it was fun to see germany as that creepy place where you got stuck in the middle of a wood and the cell doesn´t work and all people are just cruel, sick people and the best thing you can expect is die a horrible death...

the actors were bad except the evil surgeon. he was... really fucking evil!

oh and by the time the sicko yells

[spoiler:3hd22pch]´YES FEEEED HER!!![/spoiler:3hd22pch]

don´t blame me watching that sick shit! blame yourself or your parents!

:smile:

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
it was fun to see germany as that creepy place where you got stuck in the middle of a wood and the cell doesn´t work and all people are just cruel, sick people and the best thing you can expect is die a horrible death...
Add "and the birthplace of boon and heinrich!" to make my sphincter tighten up!
'nuff said! :eek:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my lasting impression of the movie was that it could of been so much better, other than the central plot device the movie utterly blew, such a shame. oh well lets hope the full sequence is a bit better.

oh and if we're talking about German weirdos dont forget the guy who advertised for someone to murder and then eat their penis... great little docu that.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol. yeah. don´t forget the german penis eaters!

8)

and yes, nom the movie was too thin too just rely on the over the top evilness and the odd idea...

it was much better than that asian centipede movie i watched a while ago...

:)

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"german penis eaters are the greatest,
german penis eaters know their bitches,
german penis eaters rule the world"

yes. i can see me illegally downloading that song...

8)

barto, you´d be truly my king of the world if your band really does the song to that topic!

after all we germans like to eat some penis (ask boon about it)!

and i promise you (after half a case (a full case is 24 bottles 0.5 litres of 4.9 % fine ole german könig pilsener) of fine könig pilsnenerthat i´d gladly put a tattoo of your face on my butt if your band ever gets a t-shirt out (which i am interested in!) with that slogan on top!

:lol:

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heinrich said:
"german penis eaters are the greatest,
german penis eaters know their bitches,
german penis eaters rule the world"

yes. i can see me illegally downloading that song...

8)

barto, you´d be truly my king of the world if your band really does the song to that topic!

after all we germans like to eat some penis (ask boon about it)!

and i promise you (after half a case (a full case is 24 bottles 0.5 litres of 4.9 % fine ole german könig pilsener) of fine könig pilsnenerthat i´d gladly put a tattoo of your face on my butt if your band ever gets a t-shirt out (which i am interested in!) with that slogan on top!

This is the reason PM's were invented.
my eyes! my eyes! :oops:

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
....says the dude with the stupid fingerpointing dennis quiad avatar...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dont listen to KBM... Do it, Do it, Do it!!! Record that song!! I can vouch for the könig pilsener. Just dont let Heinrich give you any of that Underberg stuff!!!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
fuck that shit, dude, that´s just poison!

somebody should call a moderator!

:smile:

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Session 9.

Pretty darn cool. It's movies like this that make me glad for netflix. But what the hell is up with all the "9" movies? I can't keep them straight. :?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alice in Wonderland.

after watching it and reading all the criticism about it i think you can boil it down into one sentence.

We have lost Johnny Depp to his kids.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And the next steaming sack of animated elephant fecal droppings to be shoveled down poor innocent children's throats is....
[youtubewide:5yevbied]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sinatrahs newest song will be called and about german penis eaters. so it is written. so it shall be.

back on topic, session 9 has the best Caruso moment ever!
[youtubewide:2g494ez2]

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't see youtube at the moment, but I just watched Session 9 a few weeks ago. It was pretty darn good.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I can't see youtube at the moment, but I just watched Session 9 a few weeks ago. It was pretty darn good.

elbarto1 said:
back on topic, session 9 has the best Caruso moment ever!

I think he kinda got that :razz:

Top Bottom