• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
drag me to hell.

it did.
:|

I dont even know the details of the 2nd half as I stopped paying attention.
biggest cliche ridden turd I have seen in a long time.
I had to watch the movie with a Rifftrax just to get pass the first 30 god-awful minutes - whichever movie critics had said that this film was the next masterpiece of horror deserves to be shot and beaten to death with a shovel, as they clearly have no freaking clue as to what makes a good horror film. :p

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I couldn't agree more. I wasn't interested in seeing the movie after seeing the trailer because I thought it looked like crap but then my dad went ahead and bought it when it came out on DVD so I decided I would at least give it a shot. What a mistake. God what a piece of crap that movie is. And the ending. I hated the ending. They could have at least given us an alternate ending, not that it would have helped the movie though. :lol: I don't think even a Rifftrax would help since they suck too. I've only seen two movies with Rifftrax's, Star Wars Holiday Special and Halloween III, and both weren't even funny in the least. Maybe if I was some immature kid I would have laughed at the comments they were making but as a grown man that humor just seems too juvenile for me to find funny.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the postman :|

I blame boons (excellent) wolf dancer for making me decide to watch this. Costner is hit and miss for me but this film was just BAD.

bad bad bad bad BAD!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i really liked postman agreed its somewhat clunky but i thought it had some nice heart.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
survival of the dead

well that movie is silly. what the hell was the point? sure zombie fans get their dead people but that [spoiler:iv6pu9jt]final big thing that zombies could eat other stuff (horses, maybe twinkys) than just human flesh... so fucking what? the idea is totally lame and gets the whole theme not anywhere near something new (not that this is needed) or good![/spoiler:iv6pu9jt]

there´s some gore in it though...

:eek:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Friday night - Shopgirl. this movie sucked. had an ok idea, and I like looking at Ms. Daines, but execution was terrible. uggg, voiceover.

Saturday night - Away We Go. this was a lot of fun. recommended!!!

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched Shutter Island last night and by the end was left feeling very disappointed. I just didn't give a crap about any of the characters.

The wife and I had a mini Tom Cruise 'season' last week:

Magnolia.
A Few Good Men.
Mission Impossible III
Jerry Macguire.

Watched Elbarto's Die Hard 2: Terror Storm last weekend and LOVED it!

I think we are watching The Descent Part 2 tonight.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't know there was a Descent Part 2
heh
That reminds me that I still gotta watch the Decent Scary as Hell Edition

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wasnt at all impressed with Descent 2. far as im concerned the european version is canon; which makes D2 impossible.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, we watched the European version and wouldn't have it any other way. We are watching part two out of interest.

Kevinicus

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re: Drag me to Hell

I agree that it's a pretty bad movie, but you have to admit that the fight in the car was hilarious.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Metrostar said:
Yeah, we watched the European version and wouldn't have it any other way. We are watching part two out of interest.

its not terrible, in some ways its a nice bookend to the first one i just felt it was kinda unnecessary.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It wasn't too bad. I had very low expectations, so was pleasantly surprised. I still feel that the European version of The Descent is the better ending, so it was strange watching Part 2. But if you have only seen the US version of The Descent, then Part 2 will be a pretty good sequel for you. I think so anyway.

[spoiler:2th2h3ct]Because of how Part 2 ends, I wonder if there will be a 3rd part? Maybe with the old guy feeding them, some of the action will take place outside the caves? Just a thought.[/spoiler:2th2h3ct]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched Elbarto's Die Hard 2: Terror Storm last weekend and LOVED it!

awesome!!!!!
thanks metro*

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome x2 - always nice to see an older edit get some positive attention!
glad you enjoyed it, its my favorite of my releases so far because it was fun and easy :smile:

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
the postman :|

I blame boons (excellent) wolf dancer for making me decide to watch this. Costner is hit and miss for me but this film was just BAD.

bad bad bad bad BAD!

My buddy and I went to see this in at the dollar theater when it was at the end of it's theatrical run.

We walked out after.. god only knows.. it felt like two hours, but at least an hour and a half and the conclusion was nowhere in sight. It was utterly unwatchable. We were tempted to demand our money back, but even then, we could never get those wasted hours back..

Damn you Costner!!!!!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
never knew so many people hated the postman most people i talk to generally quite like it, at least more so than Waterworld.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
never knew so many people hated the postman most people i talk to generally quite like it, at least more so than Waterworld.

It's funny, I'd never known anyone that loved it, funny how circles of acquaintance work.

The author of the novel (David Brin) used to live in my area and frequented an excellent but now defunct bookstore and my uncle befriended him. Said he was excited when it was optioned, but really sad and bitter when he saw what they did with his book.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
waterworld (even theatrical) is much more enjoyable than postman IMO. waterworld the ulysses cut EE that just posted was even better.
I never ever got any dread from the villain in postman even though he was most heinous.
mrs cross's exposed breasts were the best part. and tom petty, really, tom petty? not who I'd expect to survive the apocalypse.
It did have a few cool moments, but not worth the 3hr investment to me.

Top Bottom