• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Random movie thoughts

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From what I've heard, he's been wanting to make a Star Trek film for a while. I will want to see what he does with it, as long as it's non canon.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
He also nearly killed Uma Thurman and actively covered for Weinstein for years.

I would say that's terrible,  because i mean it is,  but it's not shocking.  I mean he's never really even pretended to not be a piece of shit.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was going to say that he's a great director despite being a bad person, but considering he's not a good person WHILE making films, it's harder to separate the art from the artist.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beyond hating the man, I’m also not interested in his movies and have never seen them. Separating art from artists is bad and wrong. I’m sure his grossness reflects in the films he makes by nature of him making them.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I was going to say that he's a great director despite being a bad person, but considering he's not a good person WHILE making films, it's harder to separate the art from the artist.

This statement doesn't make any sense.  So you'd be okay with his movies as long as he was nice to people while he was making it? 

I'd like to watch the hateful eight. Never have though. Most people in Hollywood are shitty on some level. Granted defending a pedophile is a very high level.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, assuming he were to behave decently on said production, I absolutely want to see his Trek movie. After two Abrams clunkers and the unmitigated catastrophe that was Beyond, my childhood's paramount franchise desperately needs new blood.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Separating art from artists is bad and wrong.
Maybe to you, in this case, but the issue is not that simple universally.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

I agree with this,  but i at least understand the desire to not separate art from artist.  What I don't understand is wanting to associate art with what artist was up to while specifically making the piece in question.  "Oh he wasn't being too mean when he made this one so I'll watch it.  But i heard he was being a jerk while making this one so I can't watch this one."

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
addiesin said:
suspiciouscoffee said:

I agree with this,  but i at least understand the desire to not separate art from artist.  What I don't understand is wanting to associate with with what artist was up to while specifically making the piece in question.  "Oh he wasn't being too mean when he made this one so I'll watch it.  But i heard he was being a jerk while making this one so I can't watch this one."

Yes, it's a complex topic and to dig deep into it is to have a conversation about philosophy.

Everyone has their own line they won't cross.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After watching T2 about 100 times... I only just realised that it isn't a cigarette that falls out of Dr. Silberman's mouth in this iconic scene (it's the cap of a hypodermic). Idiot :blush: :

images3.jpeg

By the way, tracking down old 4:3/fullscreen DVDs, such as for T2 is hard. Like needles in haystacks.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So Halloween's Jamie Lee Curtis and Spinal Tap's Christopher Guest are a Baron and Baroness apparently.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I keep forgetting that Joker is a movie that’s happening this year. I’m not ready for The Discourse to come with it.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
I keep forgetting that Joker is a movie that’s happening this year.

Oh, yeah. That thing's a thing, isn't it?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bet $20 that the thing that makes the Joker snap in this is that a women rejects him and he becomes an incel hero.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And now, the FanEdit.org Forum presents... Gaith's Movie Thoughts™ on Yesterday:
*Classical violin intro*

So Yesterday wants me to believe in a world in which the music of the Beatles never existed? Sure, fine. But it also wants me to believe that a broke, going-nowhere heterosexual musician with a best friend and supporter who looks exactly like Lily "Literally a Disney Princess" James would ignore her obvious romantic in him for more than, oh, the amount of time it takes to play the song "Yesterday"?! Get the funk out with that rubbish!

Untitled.jpg

Ergh, what a plain Jane! A struggling artist would in no way settle for the likes of her.

And that was Gaith's Movie Thoughts™ on Yesterday, as presented by the FanEdit.org Forum. Stay tuned for local weather and traffic...
*Classical violin outro*

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want a She-Hulk movie. And I want it based on John Byrne's fourth wall-breaking She-Hulk. And I want the actress who plays She-Hulk to bulk up; a skinny She-Hulk will only piss me off.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
And now, the FanEdit.org Forum presents... Gaith's Movie Thoughts™ on Yesterday:

This has not been approved by the FanEdit.org Forum and any opinions presented are those of the writer and the writer alone.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just thinking about how I keep buying Blurays, always forgetting that they're inconvenient as I share a Bluray player with someone else. I will continue to buy more though. I need to buy a cheap Bluray player sometime for myself.

Top Bottom